NHL: April 2011

Nashville isn’t going one and done in the playoffs this year.

Hey, there are other teams in the league you know. The Stars would have appreciated the favour if you had beaten the Hawks in regulation, but no biggie.

Leaffan you can take a moral victory from the fact that the Leafs annual ‘push to come up short of the playoffs’ went longer than most expected this season. And for once, next year actually has potential. A decent young goalie and, this would take some work to make cap space, Brad Richards being a free agent…Well, I’ll let you dream about what may come.

Ok, you do that. I promise I won’t take it personally.

But, you know, this is hockey. There are rivalries. I didn’t realize I wasn’t allowed to enjoy them. Is that new rule for everyone, or just me? Will it make you sad if I tell you I’m cheering for New Jersey tonight?

Ah, but I don’t cheer for the Stars because the banter/teasing/harassing with a Texan cousin-in-law is more fun that way.

The extra point to Chicago wasn’t really on my mind, though I kind of like them in the West. And it’s not like I had much to do with it, you know. I’d love to be able to be influential enough to get the Habs to score more, but, well, for some reason they’ve opted not to listen to an anonymous poster on the internet on a mostly-non sports message board who has only been watching the sport for a few years. For the life of me, I can’t figure out why, because clearly my instructions to “SHOOT! HOW CAN YOU MISS THAT?!” are all that would be needed. Also: “Pouliot: keep doing what you’re doing, but try not to fall over, and shoot about 1 foot to the left of where you usually aim.” :wink:

There is a very good chance that I can get playoff tickets for the first round. Red seats, Habs blue line. I’m freaking bouncing off the walls with excitement!

Is Reimer even under contract for the future (next year)?

Canes shut out the Wings 3-0, Jeff Skinner gets 30 goals before he starts to shave, the playoffs are still possible.:smiley:

The thing is, the Leafs are worse when Brian Bruke designs the team.

I mean, I know Burke made the moves that made the team what it is now, but the team as it was constituted last October was the team that he REALLY wanted on the ice, and it was an absolutely horrible team. The team that played well down the stretch is a team that was essentially the product of Burke playing who he had to after jettisoning some big contracts.

Much as I question some of Bryan Murray’s signings (methinks the owner has meddled here in Ottawa), he didn’t get the credit he deserved for Anaheim. Perry and Getzlaf. 'Nuff said. Sure Brian Burke tweaked it around from there, but this aura he has for being the sabremetrician of hockey…I just don’t see it. He’s made some really, REALLY bad deals since he got to the T-Dot.

As much as I don’t like the Hurricanes (that :02 in Game 4 and 1:20 in Game 7 in 2009 still sting), I absolutely abhor NYR and hope that Carolina can do their part so that the Devils can spoil the Rangers playoffs hopes in their final game.

All of the crap I’ve had to catch from Rangers fans this year after the Summer of Kovalchuk and the John MacLean Error, and their streak of 13 straight playoff appearances ending will be returned tenfold if their precious under-achieving Rangers miss out on the final game of the season two years in a row.

NHL Vice President of Central Scouting Edward “EJ” McGuire passed away today at age 58.

My Thrasher friends shut out the Rangers 3-0, so if the Canes win out, they’re in and Torts and company go golfing next week.

Stars win again to stay alive! Also, you might check your cable system. Looks like NHL Center Ice isn’t blacked out on mine. They did this last year as well for the last few games of the season.

Tickets. I haz tickets. I’ve never been to an NHL game (only AHL) and certainly couldn’t afford the reds if I could have gotten tickets before. My brother rocks - he’s the one who got them for me an my husband. I can’t wait!!!

Habs played a lacklustre game today, rolling 4 lines when 3 barely deserved to play, but got a point in overtime (thanks to a lovely goal by Cammalleri) which guarantees no worse than 7th place. The finish out the season on Saturday in Toronto, same as how they started it. Interestingly, the Habs have played in a playoff position since the start of the year, despite all the injuries and playing Carey Price for a franchise record 71 games. In many ways, they have overachieved! Bring on the playoffs!

Next year’s blue line of Markov, Gorges, Subban, Spacek, maybe Hamrlik, Wizniewski, maybe Sopel, and Weber in development… could be incredible.

So tired…I’m off to dream…!!

So, how many refs do you think they’ll have for tomorrow night’s Pens, Islanders game? My friends and I were joking that they’ll probably have the national guard!

Nice. I’ve been to quite a few Sens games, but admittedly it’s not as hard to get Senators tickets…:rolleyes:

Have fun!

Me and my schadenfreude thoroughly enjoyed watching that :smiley:

Carolina has Atlanta and Tampa Bay left and, if the Devils can beat the Rangers, only need two points out of those two games because they hold the tie breaker. Winning out would be ideal, but it may just come down to Hurricanes fans rooting for the Devils (what strange bedfellows the playoff race can make!)

Brian Murray has been given a three year extension. I have no words. How in the hell is this guy going to be allowed to fire yet another coach?

Clouston does not deserve to get fired. I think he is a fantastic coach, and deserves to be in the show. What he’s done the past two months with young players and a healthy starting goalie is proof of that.

If you genuinely believe that Hartsburg and Paddock deserved to go, go for it. They weren’t good. But what’s Clouston’s failing? Not getting 100% out of Alexei Kovalev and Sergei fucking Gonchar? We precisely DON’T need someone who’s going to coddled our aging European contingent. I’ll be livid if Clouston doesn’t come back after this.

I’m not saying he does, but that’s what is going to happen.

I know. Which is why I’m preemptively bitching about it!

Let’s Go Devils!
Canes crush the Thrashers 6-1. If the Devils win, we may be playoff bound before we start tailgating afternoon.