NHL December 2018

'Twould make for an interesting team logo, although blacking it out on broadcasts (to protect the easily offended or those with small … hands) might be a challenge.

Sorry Blackhawks, but yer gonna have to continue yer skid tonight: December wins are what make a season and the Knights need a strong second season!

We kicked serious ass tonight! Oh I hope this keeps up. And it was “Super Hero” theme night, and Dan Potash dressed up as Batman – it was awesome!

I could watch that clip all day long and not get tired of it. And the hypocrisy of Caps fans whining about it just kills me. Wilson’s been dishing it out for ages, finally gets a taste of his own medicine, and now it’s sooooo not FAAAAAIIIIRRR!!!
Normally I don’t cheer when players get hurt, but Wilson had it coming in spades.
Karma’s a bitch, ain’t it?

A local favorite here in Seattle for an NHL team is the “Kraken”.

Damn I am getting tempted to start believing in the Wings as a playoff team again. :smack:

After a shitastic start to the year they had an awesome stretch and then settled into their current state where they are really playing pretty good almost every night against good teams. They can’t hold leads worth a crap but are getting points at the time of the year you simply need points to make the Playoffs.

Woot! 4-3!

Canucks win their first in 12.
Things are looking up.

There you go, Bo - you mighta ended up nailin it. (buncha polls - one had Kraken at #3)
Seattle Soundgarden
Seattle Mudhoneys
Seattle Well-Intentioned
Seattle Richter Scales
Seattle Mud Sharks

To ride this Pettersson hype train a little more - last night was his second five-point night this season. Only five other rookies have done that, and it’s only two months in, still. Made him a shoo-in for rookie of the month in October (might be potting in a few more months of those), and the first player of the week award this season also goes to him. Meanwhile Vancouver media is already saying he should surpass Pavel Bure to become the greatest Canuck.

I just hope he keeps his head up - no cutting laterally just inside the opponents’ blue line with your head down sorta nonsesne.:o

especially now that Kronwall has remembered how to, er, Kronwall. :wink:

Yeah, I remember him totally standing up players on the line, a la Blake and Stevens, and then he just sorta…eased off on that stuff? Was he dealing with injuries or something? Heh - good to see he’s back in form, then. He is getting on, though. (37)

I just want to say that there is no way in hell that the new Seattle team will be called the Mud Sharks or the Geoducks. Actual species not withstanding, there are already Ducks and Sharks in the NHL - in the same division as the new Seattle team, no less.

If they want to use the ‘same’ name as another team in the league, they should join the CFL.

Oilers have 17/22 points in 11 games with Hitchcock. Why did management hang on to Todd McClellan for so long?

The Blue Jackets joined the NHL and there was already the Blues.

In casual conversation do they get called the Blue or the Jackets?

Now, do you see people asking “How about them Mud?” or “Did you catch the Geo game last night?” Personally, I don’t think the Columbus team should have been call the Blue Jackets but mad props to whoever convinced the people of Columbus to cheer “Go Blue” even if jackets is right after it.

he’s got a bum knee which will probably force him into retirement (or at least a very reduced “mentor” role) after this season.

It’s always, ‘Jackets.’ ‘Jackets on the POWER PLAY!’ is what the arena announcer screams.

Knights won last night. :smiley:

And in an avian showdown, flight beat flightless, so that was nice. :slight_smile:

If the league continues with it non-offensive PC naming methods like they did with Vegas, Seattle is going to get something generic like The Seattle Bears or Seattle Warriors.

No? Not enough Zappa freaks in the emerald city*?

Seattle Jewish Princesses?
Seattle Catholic Girls?
Seattle Hot Rats?
Seattle Baby Snakes?
Seattle Weasels?

*No - not that Oz shit.

Ouch! Sorry, Leafs; that looked like it kinda hurt.