NHL December 2018

ESPECIALLY not the geoducks.

:mad:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, yer up a game on us this season already, so go ahead and feel smug about that (for another 5 weeks or so, anyway).

Not really. The Leafs outshot the Bolts 2-1, hit four posts and did everything they could to win.

Vasilevskiy was outstanding on his return after a month off.

I’m happy with the effort.

Capitals vs Hurricanes is one of the craziest games I’ve ever seen! Caps come back from being down 4-1 to score 3 goals in about 4 minutes.

Hopefully they can complete the comeback and win it. That’ll make me feel slightly less bad about the terrible blown lead to the Ducks a handful of games back.

Well that was an epic collapse tonight against New Jersey. I hate to lose in December.

I love obscure stats. Ovie is the 14th player to have back to back hat tricks multiple times.

how the hell do you lose at home to Ottawa?

ffs Ovi is still a monster :eek:

gotta love that guy!

I often wonder what kind of number he would have put up if he played back in the 1980s. He’d probably be closing in on 1000 goals.

An excellent OT showing by the Knights to kind of make up for a lame slo-mo OT goal loss the other day! Good job, everyone!

And hey, Lundqvist is freaking awesome. My buddy and I were talking early about the two old man goalies kicking ass and then later they flashed their ages onscreen and we had both been wrong about Lundqvist’s age (he was 2 years older than I thought).

Anyway, loved watching him play. He’s quick as hell, he fills up the net like I like and he’s quick (like Fleury!) in realizing when he’s been had! His reactions are great because they come so quick after he gets beat; he’s really not often behind the curve like that and you can see it bothers him (like it bothers all great goalies, natch).

Hoodoo-boy he’da dominated. They’d have had to pass a rule that he and Gretzky couldn’t even be in the same conference, let alone on the same team.

How the Hell does a scorching hot Washington Capitals team lose to the pathetic Pittsburgh Penguins??

Pathetic? We may be in a slump right now, but I would NOT call us pathetic.
And Washington STILL defends that thug, Tom Wilson. If Pittsburgh had done so for Matt Cooke, there would’ve been riots! (And rightly so!)

I’m still watching this like 4 times a day. :smiley:

Thanks for the link!

One of the biggest mistakes Jim Rutherford did was trading Reaves. :frowning: (I so wish Gary Roberts was still playing. He’d have knocked Wilson flat)

The scuttlebutt as related by Blue Elk is that Corey Crawford is done.

After 2/3 of the way through the season, the Leafs are in second place overall.

Not too shabby.

More like 45% of the way through. They’ve played 37 of 82 games.

I know NHL rules aren’t necessarily designed to make sense, but this occurrence stumped me.

Near the end of a period (I think it was during last night’s Flyers-Lightning game), a delayed penalty was called on the Flyers. The Lightning had the puck, denied the Flyers control, circled in and scored. Since the penalty never actually started, you’d think the Lightning would then get two minutes of extra-man play. Nope, both teams were then back at full strength.

Is there some logical reason behind this, other than the offending team just gave up a goal and we don’t want to punish them now?

That’s just the way the rule works. The team that isn’t getting the penalty gets to pull their goalie for an extra attacker, and if they score it nullifies the delayed penalty.

It’s been that way as long as I remember. I think you’re right though, it does seem unfair to get scored upon and then be expected to kill a penalty with a good possibility of getting scored upon again.