NHL: February 2016

About time the Wild got it’s act back together. I always gave coach Yeo the benefit of the doubt but when you have that much talent on a team it does fall on the coach’s shoulders to get it out of them.
4 win streak with 5 (or 6) goals in each game. 3rd win against Chicago this year also.
Playoffs is when it matters though.

So now P.K. is throwing pucks at kids? :wink:

Phew! Glad to hear the kid is okay!

I understand the family is happy too and that they are set to attend a jarts tournament next week.

Who brings an infant to a hockey game? I mean, people getting hit by pucks isn’t exactly rare.

In other news, Andy Bathgate died at age 83.

Another excellent outdoor hockey game tonight!

Grats to the Detroit Red Wings; the 3rd period was theirs.

Woohoo, it’s about time some funky bounces found their way to the back of the net for the wings.

The Red Wings really need to practice their power play offense more; it truly sucks.

Yeah, I’d like to see them put Pulkkinen out on the power play and just keep setting him up to hammer it. It might just get the power play and him going. [sub] and maybe make the D at least think twice because every teams PK against the Wings is based on blocking every shot, and it’s working too well.[/sub]

Blackhawks finish the month strong with a solid win over the Capitals. Good job, 'Hawks!

Kovalchuk to return to the NHL? http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/40933/is-ilya-kovalchuk-returning-to-the-nhl-the-plot-thickens

Brooks Laich is off to Toronto. He hasn’t been producing since all his injuries a few years back, and his huge salary has been an albatross. I get why it happened. And I’m assuming the Caps will make a bigger move today with the newly-freed cap space. But man, I’m all verklempt. He’s been a part of this team for so long now. It’s crazy how emotional sports can make us.

Well, given the conditions set out in that link, a couple of thoughts:

1. 30 Owners will not sign off on Kovalchuk coming back to the NHL without going on waivers.
  2. He would never clear waivers for New Jersey. Whoever has the best/ fastest internet connections will claim him.

Personally, I would be very careful with him. He is purely motivated by money and I wouldn’t put it past him to leave the NHL for the KHL again, if he thought he could make a buck from it.

Who will be there for us to fix our flat tires now?

Athanasiou is looking like he might be the real deal. Gorgeous goal just now.

Well, hopefully we won’t be losing any heartbreaking game 7s, and we won’t have to worry about that!

Oh, and the Caps didn’t end up making any big moves today with the newly cleared cap space from getting rid of him, which just makes me all the more sad. They could have kept him around for the cup run, damnit.