NHL: November 2022

New month and the season is in full swing.

The Bruins continue to surprise, I thought they just had lightening strike last year with their incredible regular season run. Figured with the retirements that they’d regress back to the mean and quickly. So far, that isn’t the case.

Vegas continues to get it done and no sign of a Cup hangover.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/bruins-and-golden-knights-elite-defense-separates-them-from-the-rest-of-the-nhl

The San Jose Sharks continue to embarrass themselves on this ice, losing 10-1 to the Vancouver Canucks.

The Canucks didn’t even make the playoffs last year.

We have Connor Bedard and that’s pretty much it. Despite the fact that there is a good chance the Blackhawks will miss the playoffs yet again, it is a joy to watch a generational player in the infancy of what will hopefully be a Hall of Fame career.

Things are such a shit show in Edmonton, I have to seriously start to wonder when will McDavid be traded?

I can’t imagine that he wants to waste another year going in circles. And no chance of him ever getting anywhere near free agency. Start wondering who has the best collection of talent, draft picks and cap space to make a play for McJesus.

The Oilers should get the best possible return and then build around Draisaitl. It wouldn’t be the worst “plan b” in NHL history.

I noticed the Oilers have a game at the winless Sharks this Thursday. Wouldn’t it be crazy to see the Sharks get their first win against the far more talented Oilers?

Otherwise, the next place I see a possible Sharks win is a home game next Tuesday the 14th as the struggling Panthers come to San Jose.

Just saw the Oilers waived Jack Campbell.

Yes, it’s early in the season but usually you can get a good idea of who’s going to the playoffs by checking the standings around American Thanksgiving and that’s not too far off. The Oilers need to turn things around and quickly.

The hole they’ve already dug themselves in means they have to win 2/3 of their remaining games this season to make the play-offs. (teams seem to require 90-ish points now to make it)

Can’t remember the Canucks having such a wonderful start. (12-3-1)

Oh for goofy sakes, NHL…
(hilarious joke quotes, here)

The Beaverton is a parody site.

But if only the NFTs were a parody too. :angry:

This Corey Perry expulsion from the Black Hawks might set a record for the most undetailed news stories ever, other than something about “an alcohol-feuled incident”. Lost count on the amount of stories over the past five or so days that had nothing. I understand this process can be protacted in situations like these; I guess it’s the glut of speculating-about-nothing stories that’s irking me. There was breif buzz about Connor Bedard’s mom, from which this armchair mook could put a whackload of quatloos on speculate that he drunkenly came on to her at the team bar afterwards. Heh, almost poignant, that video of Perry’s very last thing he did on ice - at practice, feeding pass after pass to Bedard.

And then the Oilers win 3 in a row, the Ducks go 2-8 in their last 10, the Kraken lose their last two, and now the Oilers are only 3 points out of a playoff spot. how quickly fortunes can change in the NHL…

And glad to see, too. (heh, even though I’m a Canucks fan) (so really - darn you! :wink:) Also half Flyers fan, it must be said
Wishing there were more stories like the Blues’ run to the Cup a couple years ago, when in the beginning of January they were in 2nd-to-last place in the league, if I’m not mistaken.
Yeah quite Jekyll and Hyde with the Oils right now.

I believe McDavid was playing injured. He dropped to something like 54th in scoring at one point.

Then he got better. 9 points in 2 gmes.

Edmonton still has other issues they need to deal with…