NHL: October 2022

Who the hell thought those silver helmets were a good idea?

I’m still triggered by the Knights’ golden glitzy helmets.
And don’t get me started on the old Northlands.

McDavid is on a torrid pace with 11 goals and 22 points in 10 games. It won’t mean a thing without a deep playoff run.

Some may disagree - I don’t care.
Does not deserve to play in the NHL. (bullied and assaulted disabled classmate throughout high school, not just one or two isolated incidents)

Cool update - strange feeling to be cheering on Gary, here:

Cam Neely calling what the kid did “a mistake“ is incredibly gross.

What in the fucking hell is WRONG here? Is there something in the water? That’s now seven games in a row! Jesus, it’s sick.

We start out great, and then we end up losing. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Meanwhile Miller’s parents are a pair of “our son can do no wrong” freaking subhumans.

Oy, the Canucks. While Thatcher Demko hasn’t been getting the defensive help he probably should be getting, there’s no excuse that he’s basically the second crummiest goalie in the league right now. In three games this season he’s been scored on on the first shot, and has not allowed less than three goals in a game so far. Strange/frustrating, especially considering that he was in the Vezina conversation last season.

So, Jason Robertsons 4 year $31 million contract is looking like a bargain for the Stars.

Hehehe, without a doubt.

That was an amazing game to watch, for a Stars fan. As I lip read off of a Chicago fan from the broadcast “No Fucking Way!”.

I saw that too.

Very sad news. Borje Salming has died. He was diagnosed with ALS earlier this year.

He was just at a HHOF ceremony and was honoured by the Leafs during a pre-game ceremony earlier this month. A tough and talented player. It is nice to know he got a last chance to see how the fans in Toronto loved him.

I find sports record caveats amusing.
Earlier this year Ovie passed Howe for goals … with one team.
Last night he passed Gretzky for goals … on the road.
Last night he tied Jagr for goals … to open the game.

It seems that Kris Letang had a stroke last night. It was the second of his career (I don’t remember the first). Hopefully he can recover fully.

That would’ve been in 2014 – I remember it. :frowning: It seems like he’s doing okay, but he’ll be out indefinetly.

So, the game tonight between the Stars and the Leafs will be the first time in NHL history that 2 players with 18 game or longer scoring streaks will face off against each other. Both Robertson and Marner have really been motoring along recently. I hope both players score and continue their streaks.

And the best (sarcasm hat on) thing is the game is on ESPN+ or Hulu. I have neither. Oh well, just a fan that can’t see the game. Go Stars.

Luckily I live in Toronto and will get the Leafs broadcast. So far I have been very unimpressed with the games that I have seen from ESPN+ and Hulu feeds. One Stars game I watched had the first 3 or 4 minutes of the game with a view of the inside of the pressbox. Plus, on the NHL Centre Ice package those games don’t have commercials so there are breaks that amount to a few minutes of dead air.

Thanks for confirming for me that the streaming options are not really sports-friendly. Maybe I can listen to the game on the radio. I too hope both the high-scoring guys continue their success. (Especially Robertson :slight_smile: )