NHL Offseason 2023

Ok, here’s a thread to discuss all the off season signings, the draft, NHL awards and anything else.

Interesting article that the Coyotes will be playing 3 games in one day during the preseason.

Obviously it’ll be a massive split squad with a lot of players who won’t be on the opening day roster.

Alex DeBrincat to the Wings.

Not sure why Galchenyuk placed on waivers but The Sporting News is talking about an off ice situation. Wish there was a more hockey centric source

Confirmed by ESPN

Pulling a Brian Rafalski! (packing it in when they’re still perfectly good to go)
So, it’s just age, then? :man_shrugging:

Rocky Wirtz dies:

The ratbastard’s moronic-as-fuck handwaving away the Kyle Beach situation is fucking unforgivable.
Rot, scumbag.

Like his teammate Bergeron, could’ve gone on for at least another couple more seasons.
(Just realised with B’s departure - how Marchand will adapt without him. Heh - same line for, what, 16 or 17 seasons?)

I’m glad to see the Florida Panthers are still doing Pride Night for 2024, but I thought the NHL eliminated it?

Hmm, I don’t know if the NHL canceled it or not. The Stars have one scheduled, though.

I’ve been hunting around and it looks like that teams can do Pride Night but no special jerseys so the bigots don’t have to opt out.

Babcock expected to resign. Goodbye and good riddance.

I think that was his last kick at the can for coaching in the NHL. He clearly didn’t learn anything from all the past criticisms of his actions.

No sense of boundaries. Once an ass, always an ass, it would seem.