No Need to Suffer Through the New Dukes of Hazzard Movie

Am I safe in assuming that no-one’s gonna be asking Jessica anytime soon for her opinions on solving Third World Debt?

Look, I love beautiful women. But I much prefer a beautiful INTELLIGENT woman who has such a wonderful, inventive sense of humour that she doesn’t need to objectify herself to be successful.

I married one of the latter. But in my earlier years I dated plenty of the former.

My two cents, it’s a major accomplishment that the Dukes 2005 are driving a 1970 Charger and not a brand new edition 2005 Charger in a bit of movie tie-in-advertising-synergy (take a moment, form a mental image of an orange four door sailing over a creek).

I just want to see the old Lead Slead '70 Charger flying through the sky.

Everything else (including Jessica’s dwarfishly stunted legs) is icing on the cake.

Oh, I just saw the preview for the film tonight, and Lynda Carter’s in the film, which I found surprising.

Chandrasekhar had cast her in Super Troopers (as the governor of Vermont), so its not that much of a stretch.

According to the ST DVD commentary, they really wanted a 1970s female icon in that role, so they’d planned to ask Carter and when she turned them down, they’d ask the Bionic Woman (Lyndsey Wagner) and when she turned them down, they’d ask the original Charlie’s Angels etc. Carter greatly surprised them when she accepted, saying she never got offered roles like that.

. . . who did not die from choking on a ham sandwich.

What I meant is that Lynda’s career pretty much tanked in the late 70s, and she’s had trouble finding work for years now (part of the problem is supposedly that she has/had a drinking problem). She’s also in a new Disney movie Sky High.

Hey, not kick out bed eating crackers, man.

Oh, I think she’s freakin’ hot and has held up better than most of the sex symbols of that era. I went to high school with a gal who looked almost exactly like her (smaller boobs). I never got to date her, either. :frowning:

The Schnozberries tastes like Schnozberries!

Just in case anybody else didn’t figure it out from Big Bad Voodoo Lou post:

From urbandictionary.com:
Butterface
Chick with a hell of a nice body, but the face is ugly.
She looked real good… but her face (butterface)

Thanks Archergal. I hadn’t gotten it either.

If it hasn’t already been posted, the video can be seen here.

Update: Original Cooter boycotts the new ‘Hazzard’. Actor Ben Jones says it’s a mockery because it’s not “family friendly”. Funny, of all the things wrong with this movie, I hadn’t heard that one.

Specifically, he says that "to take a classic family show and do that is like taking ‘I Love Lucy’ and making her a crackhead or something.”

He says that as if it were a bad thing.