Non-Sleeper cell -- for those who want to ramble at night, not bright and early

Hope is a wonderful cat, and is very sweet.

Hope is from a litter of three kittens, whom their owner named Faith, Hope, and Charity. As I understand the story from their owner, Faith and Charity, both tuxedo cats, were easily adopted out as kittens, but Hope wasn’t. Maybe it was the fact that she was a black cat. Regardless, we took to her immediately, and she to us. So, we adopted her.

I cannot imagine why nobody would want her. In Hope, we found a kitten that was playful, and easygoing, and fun. It quickly became apparent that purring was her favourite hobby, followed by playing with her feline friends (we had other cats), and the myriad of cat toys we had–the trackball is one of her favourites. She’s never been needy; she just goes with the flow. She likes to jump up on the arm of my easy chair when I watch sports on TV and watch too, though I don’t think she has any idea what’s going on; but she seems to be glad to be next to me. And if there comes a morning when I awaken to find that she’s not curled up next to me, I’ll worry.

She is 17 years old now, and still no different than she was 16 years ago, when we adopted her. She is a treasure. “Sweet” describes her well. Good call, Dork.

Hey, guys. I’ve not forgotten you all.
My beloved Son-of-a-wrek had a nasty roll over accident in his truck.
They Airlifted him to Little Rock. He had broken vertabrae in his upper 3.
They screwed hole in head for a metal Halo brace. Broken ribs. And collar bones.
He’ll undergo surgery in a couple hours.
I’m in a weird holding pattern til he’s awake as again.

This is what’s has me up tonight.

Beck, we’re here for you. Be well, and best wishes for Son-of-a-wrek. Know that we’re here for you.

Oh no!
Beck, thanks for the check in but you go do what needs doing. Don’t worry bout us fools over here. You know I’ll reach out if we get too anxious.

{{Beck}} {{Son of Wrek}}

Oh my goodness. Sending you all the good vibes to get through this difficult time.

Hey Lancia. Glad to hear you are still inspiring young minds.

Been thinking of little else than you and your son since I read your post.
Sending bottomless good karma to :palms_up_together:t2:you :palms_up_together:t2: and :palms_up_together:t2: yours :palms_up_together:t2:.
From one mama to another.

Boo

@Beckdawrek

Bekkers, bay-bee, I’m so so sorry!

I assume The DIL and Grandwreks are with you for the duration. You and DIL can prop each other up.

Mr Wrek has to be out of his mind!

Higs, kisses, good thoughts, prayers, and much much comfort and love coming your way!

~VOW

sorry to hear of this Beck. We are here for you

I just looked out on my porch to see if the neighbor kitties were sleeping in the shelter and there was a small raccoon sitting there. One of the cats was on a chair. They were just chilling. I’m glad they are friends. Raccoons can be mean.

I need to sign up and schedule a time to get my flu shot tomorrow at Walgreens. It’s making me anxious because I will have to go in a building and I haven’t done that in a couple months. I hate covid isolation. Sometimes it really messes with my head. But my niece is coming by for a yard visit in the afternoon so at least I’ll have some fun before I brave that world I’m becoming so unfamiliar with now.

Hope everything went well with your son, Beck.

Monkeyshines is living up to his nickname tonight. It’s 4:20 ( :face_with_hand_over_mouth: ) in the a.m. and he’s got the zoomiest of zoomies, and is literally bouncing off the walls. And off me.

Stinkin’ up the litter box as I type this - guess he needed a quick break from running around like a jackass.

I hope Beckster got some rest by now & that Son-of-a-Wreck is stabilized and beginning to recover.

Well, this hasn’t happened in a while: utterly pooped physically, but my mind is looping and I can’t relax back into dozing off.

Next paycheck is even more meager than the last, and now every train of thought ends at the “But MONEY!!” station.

On the bright side, Monkey hopped into my lap and is purring like it’s about to be made illegal.

But even that’s cold comfort, because how am I gonna keep feeding that endless appetite of his?

I keep telling myself that things have always somehow worked out, and that I tend to lose my shit just as things are about to improve (“the darkest hour is just before dawn” … and oh hey, what pale light in yonder window breaks?) but it just feels like a mouthful of lies & meaningless platitudes.

I’m with ya purplehorseshoe. Just wish I had someone snuggly. So you got that at least. I mean sure there’s Vaderling, but he just ain’t snuggly cuddly like a cat, even though he’s really huggy.

More thoughts for Beck and Son and Family

Thanks, DorkVader I appreciate the empathy.

I did manage to fall back asleep, at least … by giving myself permission not to. I told myself that I’d gotten enough sleep (as a result of crashing stupid early) and that I did not need to worry about sleeping any more, but that I did want to enjoy cuddling with the fuzzbuckets.

Coupla hours more rest ensued.

I got my flu shot today. For some reason, it made me really sleepy so I laid down around 10:30 and slept for 2 hours. So I will probably be up for a while.

I went to Walgreens to get the shot. It was the first time I’ve been in a retail establishment since April. I’ve read about maskholes but it was still a shock. There weren’t even that many people there but a good 1/3 of them had their masks below their noses. After I signed in, I had to sit in the small waiting area by the pharmacy for about 5 minutes. One of the nose jobs came up and sat down 2 feet from me. I got up and said “not 6 feet” and stood over against a wall as far as I could get from her. Then on my way out, a smug Karen walked in with no mask and headed right toward me. She got a good dose of evil eye, for all the good that did.

I know I’m extremely lucky that I don’t have to deal with that kind of thing everyday but it would drive me crazy if I did.

First-I hope things get better for you and yours, Beks.

Damn mild fever (99.0 to 101.1 for a week and a half) won’t go away, so I’m getting tested again tomorrow. Preparing for it mentally by watching Seth Meyers and drinking Mountain Dew Zero heavily spiked with 360 Double Chocolate Vodka.

GRRAHH! That kind of stuff really grates me, like, a sweaty naked ugly troll vigorously massaging me with a cheese grater kind of grating.
I work at a job deemed essential, the front office of my company was just taken out this week except for two people by just such a dweeb. We are on very serious restrictions at work. The only people allowed inside the building right now are management and leads/drivers, with mask and sanitized hands, after temp is taken outside the door. Even so, the way our company works, by next week, half my department will be out and the other half close behind.

In happier news, I’ve discovered youtube music. Giving that a try this weekend to see if it’s better than spotify.

There’s a lot of great music on YouTube. I’ve been enjoying all those old '80s videos, plus some newer ones too.

There seems to be a greater variety of songs, even within the catslog of a specific singer or band.
Some things I don’t like, it’s (understandably) video oriented and when the introductory first week of free premium runs out, not sure how the app is going to work or what restrictions are going to be implemented. Youtube wasn’t real clear on that except that being video oriented, the music would stop if the screen goes to sleep. Also, i have a few songs that videos are not available for, so not sure how that’s going to work at all