Northern VA Multi-Birthday Dope Feb 15

And such a fine butt.

It’s not really close, but I’ll be 23 on March the 29th.

Very tentatively, depending on weather and employment, chalk Polycarp and Skulldigger in – her birthday is the day before Opal’s, as we just found out.

I wish we could go, but we’re going to have to back out. :frowning: We just can’t afford the cost of an overnight stay, which is what we’d want to do so as not to have to miss out on most of the fun because of a long drive back. I hope you all have fun. We’ll miss seeing you all.

Nyah nyah nyah! I’ll be 29 on March 4. :smiley:
And as far as I know, Boyfriend and I will be there. Woo! My first out-of-state Dopefest!

Probably:
OpalCat and small monster
UndeadDude
ultrafilter
GingerOfTheNorth and offspring-unit
Weirddave
Neidhart
RTFirefly and possibly woman
MsRobyn and not-so-small pink thing
Jonathan Chance, wife, and baby
FairyChatMom and spousal unit
Edward The Head
Lucretia and 1.5 children
Bluesman
Skerri and attachment

Maybe:
Superdude
av8rmike
Verrain
AirmanDoors
Polycarp
Skulldigger
Adult probables: 17
Child probables: 5.5
Adult maybes: 6
Child maybes: .5

Ooh, ooh! I can make it to this one! I’ve missed the ast several, so I’m pretty stoked about it. And pencil my spousal unit in as well – he doesn’t want me to have to drive up by myself. Yippee!

Jess

Oh, and while we have no birthdays to report, our wedding anniversary is February 22. Or February 23, I can never remember which.

Seems to me you’re OK as long as your birthday is within 6 months of the party date - either way.

:smiley:

Jess and spouse are coming – cool beans!!!

::does major happy dance::

My spousal unit shall be informed that this one isn’t optional. :slight_smile:

OK, now that I’ve found the thread and MsRobyn, Baby Doors and FairyChatMom have done the full-court press on me, I’m in.

See youse there!

Robin, shall we drive down together with His Booganess?

woohoo! Gonna see Zapster again!! <happy dance> :smiley:

Well, I asked today for the day off on the 15th.

It’s looking like a long shot. (Which, given that I work every damned Saturday of the year, except occasional special requests, should piss me off. But, oh well.) I will probably know for sure by next Saturday, so put me down for a maybe for now, with a possible up or down grade next weekend.

It ain’t gonna be my birthday. I will sing, though, if there are enough others singing so that I cannot be heard.

Tris.

We shall. His Booganess, however, has a new throne. :smiley:

Robin

I’m still planning on being there. I thought there was a swim meet that day but I guess I’m really getting old and it’s not, which is a good thing. I don’t see anything getting in my way really.

Probably:
OpalCat and small monster
UndeadDude
ultrafilter
GingerOfTheNorth and offspring-unit
Weirddave
Neidhart
RTFirefly and his woman
MsRobyn and not-so-small pink thing
Jonathan Chance, wife, and baby
FairyChatMom and spousal unit
Edward The Head
Lucretia and 1.5 children
Bluesman
Skerri and attachment
Jess and spousal unit
Zappo

Maybe:
Superdude
av8rmike
Verrain
AirmanDoors
Polycarp
Skulldigger
Triskadecamus
Adult probables: 21
Child probables: 5.5
Adult maybes: 7
Child maybes: .5

So I need to make the reservations 2 weeks in advance, which means this weekend. At this point we have the potential of having 34 people… what should I make the reservation for… anyone more experienced than me at this stuff?

My experience has been that about 10% of those who say they’ll come don’t come. You might ask the restaurant how much flexibility they have - if you reserve for 30 and 32 show???

Anyone else thinking Opal earned a great birthday present over the last few days?

Count me in as a probably more yes than no.

Hooray!

The more the merrier.

Oh, and I gotta ask now:

What kind of cake do people like? Chocolate, yellow, white? Frosting? My first inclination is yellow with white frosting, as it’s pretty neutral.