Not the 12 Steps, 12 Traditions, or 12 Concepts... 12 Thingys?

Hi, my name is Gazelle and I’m an alcoholic.

I’ve been introduced to the 12 steps, 12 traditions, and the 12 concepts of world service… There’s another list of twelve things. They’re single words that go along with the steps, traditions, and concepts. I know they exist but I’ll be ding-dang-durned if I can remember what they’re called and my Google searches have been fruitless.

Can anyone remember what they’re called?

The 12 promises.

From pages 83-84 of the big book:

“If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed before we are half way through. (1) We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. (2) We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. (3) We will comprehend the word serenity and (4) we will know peace. (5) No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others. (6) That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear. (7) We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our fellows. (8) Self-seeking will slip away. (9) Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change. (10) Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us. (11) We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us. (12) We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.”

Some people number them differently.

And, unbelievable as it seemed to me in my bad old days, the promises have come true for me.

Nice try, guys, but not the promises.

They were each one word. Like the core concept in each of the steps. I’m pretty sure willingness and humility are two of them…

Does this ring a bell?

How much sobriety ya got, Qadgop?

Whoops. I guess you’re the only one who replied, Qadgop.

I amend my post to say, “Nice try, guy, but not the promises.”

Judging from some of his posts I’ve seen in the past, I’ll bet he only has today! :smiley:

Over 15 years, ODAAT.

No idea what other Twelve you’re looking for though.

Acceptance
Faith
Surrender & Trust
Honesty
Courage
Willingness
Humility
Forgiveness
Freedom
Perseverance
Patience
Charity & Love.

:confused:

I saw that list too, LadyDragon, but I think this one may be what Gazelle’s looking for:[ul][]Honesty[]Hope[]Faith[]Courage[]Integrity[]Willingness[]Humility[]Brotherly Love[]Justice[]Perseverance[]Prayer and Meditation[]Service to One Another[/ul]From Why A.A. Is Spiritual.

Those are the 12 principals - sometimes listed on a pocket card or on the back of medallions.

Thanks Lady and Ino… Dose be dem.

:wink:

Trustwory
Loyal
Helpful
Friendly
Courteous
Kind
Obedient
Cheerful
Thrifty
Brave