LOL this actually makes me wish I could go back to Toronto and see how Timmy’s has changed – and how it has stayed the same – since I last ate at one in 2019.
They’re not bad, but a bit pricey if you ask me.
I’m south of your border but there’s a Tim’s near me. Love their breakfast sandwiches, coffee is good too, can get it with oat, coconut or almond milk. Can’t get that at mickeyds. Use the app to activate savings and get points.
Trivia Challenge: Why is there no apostrophe in the “Tim Hortons” logo?
I suppose Toronto has the greatest number–and maybe the greatest per capita concentration–of these restaurants in the world, but as has been mentioned Hortonses are not at all limited to T.O. or even Canada.
Last summer (2025) I was on a trip with my grandson and we found one in Norfolk, Virginia, of all places to find a Tim Hortons. We had breakfast there. My grandson, then nine, read some of the displayed info about the franchise and the original Tim Horton, and then asked me a couple of questions I could not answer about Mr. Horton–so I looked it up. Among the questions was “Is he alive?” followed by “How did he die?”
I chose to use the info I found as an object lesson. “Well,” I said, “unfortunately, he made the decision to drive too fast one night, after drinking a lot of alcohol, and he wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. He crashed and died.”
My grandson considered that for a moment. Then he said: “He should have gotten his mom to drive him.”
I’m stunned that This Hour Has 22 Minutes is still on the air.
Great video – LOL! ![]()
I love Canada (and, mostly, love Toronto though I don’t live there any more) but I do not love Tim Horton’s even though some consider it an iconic Canadian institution. It’s more of a national embarrassment, at least as it is today. I think it was way better in the past.
I was recently trying to pull into a parking lot to pick up Chinese food from a great little place in that mall, and there was humongous line of cars blocking the entrance. I thought it may have been some kind of emergency but no, it was a lineup for Tim Horton’s. What are these people thinking? Their coffee tastes like mud, and while I can’t remember ever having any of their food, I can believe the horrible reviews I’ve read, including by posters on this very board.
Canada is officially bi-lingual, and Tim’s operates in Québec as well as the rest of Canada. There is no apostrophe to indicate the possessive in French. To make life easier, Tim’s decided to drop the apostrophe everywhere, not just in Québec.
I think.
There have been some cast changes.
I thought their breakfast sandwich was okay when i was in Toronto.
I’m not a fan of their breakfast wraps, but the croissant and eng muffin sandwiches are tasty. Never ate lunch there so can’t say wether good or bad..
Correct. Well done!
I’ve had the English muffin sandwich.
homesick for Toronto
A phrase only a Torontonian would ever think of saying. I kid, I kid cuz I love. … not Toronto though
That is cute, but does not add up because an -s does not indicate anything in French, either, except perhaps a plural. They would have to call it “Chez Tim” or something.
When we were in Scotland a couple weeks ago, there was a Tim Hortons right around the corner from our hotel in Glasgow (about a block from Glasgow Central train station). I was kind of surprised to see it. I thought they were pretty much only a Canadian thing. I tried to get my wife to go there for coffee and breakfast one morning but she wanted to stick to local coffee shops.