Nudists, some curious questions I have.

A terrific point.

When you turn 35 (I have to assume your aren’t that age yet), please notify me. I have a few places that could use mirrors. Also, you’ll save a fortune on lightbulbs since you and your mate will be dressing, undressing, bathing, and sleeping in the dark.

Thanks so much! I’ve always been curious, but didn’t want to be too “rude” and ask.

Okay, first new question (hope these aren’t too nosy), doesn’t bug spray sting certain parts?

And as to the women playing volleyball, ummmm, I have a hard time with a bra ON, with the bouncing and all, it’s actually painful, not to mention I can’t ever get my arms close enough together, even wtih a bra on, these women don’t mind?

And as to the errrrrrr, “moistness” issue, isn’t it a problem in ways other than sitting? I mean, don’t some people have trouble with natural feminine moisture when they’re standing around talking and stuff?

And what about sweat and odor? Clothes are great for wicking. NOT that people who wear clothing don’t ever smell, but isn’t it uncomfortable to have sweat pouring down your naked bod?

Do people with less than perfect bodies get judged?

Is there ever a problem with obvious arousal of men?

No, not really. I’m asuming you may be refering to vulva and/or penis and scrotum? I don’t actually spray directly onto the vulva. Never had a problem with this one.

Well, it’s not mandatory. :dubious: If you’re not comfortable playing volleyball, don’t play volleyball. I fail to see what being topless has to do with it.

You must have some crazy strong feminine moisture! Or I have wimpy dryness issues. No, never been a problem. If I’m on my moon I either wear a tampon or wear a pad with underwear and a skirt.

I find that clothing actually holds onto odor, and that naked people who have showered in the last 24 hours actually smell less. And yes, I suppose there’s sweat, but it evaporates quicker without stinky cloth to hold onto it. Again, if you’re uncomfortable, don’t do it!

[Sarcasm]Yes, we form circles of no less than 8 people and point and jeer. The accepted taunt is: “Fatty fatty, two by four…” [/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

Of course you notice bodies, but as I said above, most people are MORE comfortable with their own and others’ bodies once you see the beautiful variety they come in. They’re certainly no more judged than fully clothed people.

This has been answered in this thread at least twice. Please go back and read it.

And you assume that people go to nudist resorts in order to provide you with entertainment why?

“You’ve hunted a lot of big game. Tell me, did you ever hunt bear?”

“I can’t, Abbott…the bushes tickle me.”

Well, as I said in my OP, I was referring to the places that have “no clothing, no exceptions rules” and was about those who WANT to play volleyball, but need, for comfort reasons to wear a bra during those times.

Well, yes, and in my post I STATED that of course odor is also a problem with clothing.

My questions were from simple curiousity, I was in no way judging the practice of nudity, there’s no reason to get snippy or sarcastic. Really.

Yes, I saw that once I got to them, but I’d already posted my follow up questions directly after just a few posts into this thread. I didn’t get to the other posts until AFTER I’d posted my questions. This does happen occasionally, it’s not from lack of reading, just not having reached the posts containing the answers yet.

And again, the questions were out of mere curiosity of something many of us have NO knowledge of (something else I made sure I addressed in my OP), it would be nice if we, the ignorant of nudism, were afforded the same sort of non-judgmental approach to our questions as nudists would like to have afforded to their practice.

Honestly, is it your moontime now? There’s no reason to be so snotty.

Well, at least you would have a place to hang your hat when you enter a building …
:smiley:

I’m no nudist myself, but I imagine a recumbent bike would be rather pleasant to ride while nude. But naked mountain biking…ouchie.

I think the main reason why many nudists tend to be ‘older’ is that when you are in your 20s or 30s you can be horribly self conscious of your body around other people…especially considering that we are bombarded by images of ‘youth’ that so few of us live up to. But at some point you become comfortable in your skin and say to hell with what everyone thinks.

That’s incredibly impressive imho. And sounds like a fine reason to be a nudist, if just for that one reason alone.

I’m 45, and I don’t know that I’ll EVER reach that point where I don’t care, or am not self-conscious about my body. But I very much admire those who are able to reach this point.

Probably where my curiosity comes from, or a lot of it anyway :smiley:

I hope the posts have been helpful for you.

THE quickest way to become less self-conscious about your body is to go to a nudist resort, beach, or event. As I said earlier, there will be so many different kinds of people there, in so many shapes and sizes, that you’ll quickly realize that it’s only skin - an outer shell - and that the important “stuff” is inside.

We had pretty good weather here this weekend (a bit cloudy and some thunderstorms), but with enough sunshine for me to get naked on the deck and lounge around like a lizard on a rock.