NY GOP Congressman Christopher Lee Resigns in Sex Scandal

Good looking guy, but I’d never do a republican.:p:D

What an awesome picture of utter obliviousness.

I might, but he’d have to be wearing a ball gag so I wouldn’t have to listen to him talk. :smiley:

You know what they say: “No greater advocate that a convert; no greater detractor than an apostate.”

I linked this over in the pit thread too -

It’s the full email exchange which Gawker published earlier today. The woman he was chatting with blew the whistle when she realized how many lies he was telling.

Since when do politicians resign from office just for trying to cheat on their wives with a woman? Isn’t David Vitter still in the Senate? It isn’t a crime or unethical. Immoral, yes, but geez, he’s a congressman, so we already knew he had weak moral fiber.

Yea, certainly congresscritters have weathered a lot worse. All he basically did was flirt online, I honestly can’t think of a legislator that resigned over a more minor scandal.

Possibly he needs time off to patch things up with his family. But I prefer to speculate that he had other, deeper, darker secrets that he hopes yet to conceal in his sordid heart of lies.

In the meantime, let this be a lesson, netpeople.

Huh. I wonder if he’s done more of this and it’s only come out just now?

You never know, but given how inept he was, I’d be kinda surprised if he was a serial adulterer.

nothing like a good topless picture!

i am surprized that he resigned that quickly. although… isn’t ny due to lose a seat or 2 in congress? early redistricting?

Yes, and Lee’s seat (suburban Buffalo) is high on the list of districts that might get the chop.

Still though, probably not what the NY GOP wanted to see. Lee’s predecessor, Tom Reynolds, held that seat with an iron grip, and it’s considered a safe Republican district usually. But it’s probably going to be merged with a solidly Democratic area of Buffalo, and the GOP’s best shot at retaining that seat would be to have a good incumbent running.

I flew back home to Buffalo from JFK last night. After walking through the empty airport (all flights out of Buffalo yesterday had already left), I left the secured area, walked around the corner, and was confronted by a barrage of news cameras (O.K., 3). I asked one of the cameramen what was going on, and he asked me if I was on the plane from JFK. Turns out, Chris Lee was on my flight.

Yes - there is no point to my story.

Presumably his replacement has a better shot of being that now.

Of course he’s done more. Most second graders have done more than this.

Chris Lee was (until yesterday) a fairly respected businessman, and he had enough cash to run his own campaigns without the GOP needing to intervene on his behalf. That probably won’t be the case with his successor.

Was he wearing a shirt?

Well, it didn’t help that this story came with an embarrassing picture of him that could be used by his opponent when he ran re-election. What David Vitter did was sleazier, sure, but at least there’s no pictures floating around of him in a diaper.

Watta maroon!

That’s how she knew he was a politician. :stuck_out_tongue: