NYC Thursday Dope-Dinners

Oh well. I’m out. I have to go to a friends movie screening. Have fun. See you next time.

DaLovin’ Dj

I think you guys should come out and have a Dopefest in New Mexico. It’s safer out here.
Jill

Good job, Friedo!

Um… I’ve looked and looked, and it may just be morning bleariness (which for me tends to last well into noon), but I’m darned if I can find the post that determined which restaurant – Ruby Foo’s or Chelsea Grill – was finally decided on. Someone throw me a fricken boaune here, peepul…:slight_smile:

(Incidentally, if the reservation is again at 7:00pm, I’m sure that Pucette and Vix will be pleased to know that they’ll get to give me a hard time for being late again, as my workday ends at 7:00… :wink:

Don’t worry, Pix, I’m going to try to be there too, so there will be somebody there even later than you. :wink:

So it looks like we have reservations for Ruby Foo’s tonight at 7 PM.

Super!

We’ll miss you otherwise-occupied people…

Ugh. I won’t be able to make it in for this one. I’ll miss all you wild and crazy dopers.

I gots da reservation:

Ruby Foo’s 1626 Broadway
Time: 8:00 PM
Party of Ten, for a Mr. Cecil Adams.

I tried to get 7:00 PM, but they were booked. So I’ll see you guys at 8:00!

I have been asked to post that ** TruePisces **, who actually does like sushi very much [sub] when she can fight back vague feelings of cannibalism [/sub] will be unable to attend, as she has been active this week and wishes to get some rest.

I, however, think one of the seminal developments of mankind was when he harnessed fire to COOK the flesh of animals prior to consumption, so I will not be there either.

Ya know, lurkernomore, they have LOTS of stuff besides Sushi there, most of it cooked. With fire.

I’m still hoping to be there. I’m working on the hormone machines. I think I can make one of them cave.

I saw the menu, Friedo. Just not my style. Maybe the next time. I liked the sound of Oxy’s place.

Hmm…reservations at the Rancho de Chimayo?

::drools::
Well, tonight I’m off to Ruby Foo’s. Party of ten for Cecil Adams sounds a lot more convenient than “Hi, I’m supposed to meet a bunch of dopers here…”