a good credit score
the tea party
salvia
gluten
gout

Hollands top 5

What is the:
[ul]
[li]What?[/li][li]Time?[/li][li]capital of assyria?[/li][li]airspeed velocity of an unladen european swallow?[/li][li]most effective way to stop viral infections?[/li][/ul]

I went ahead and listed all the ones shown, mostly because I like #9.

what is the
[LIST=#][li]term of office for a missouri judge[/li][li]tea party[/li][li]legislative branch of missouri called[/li][li]number game on facebook[/li][li]drug bliss[/li][li]change in the internal energy of the system[/li][li]supreme law of the land[/li][li]significance of Veteran’s Day[/li][li]uncertainty of the position of the bacterium[/li][li]hcg diet[/li][/LIST]

I’ll also point out that the video is really odd–not viral in the least. If people are wanting to watch it, they must be wanting to learn the calculations. You must live in a fairly intelligent community.

OK, I was curious. Check this bad boy out.

Ditto. Why do different states get different results? How does autocomplete work?

The most popular requests in a given region combined with what you’ve already searched for perhaps combined with the most popular in the whole country.

As for how they know? IP addresses are geographically assigned: if I know your IP, I can pretty well know where you live (or at least where you purchase your Internet.) For knowing what you’ve specifically searched for–they can use your IP, or just use a cookie (a small file saved on your computer).

Funny Google autocompletes are pretty much a meme unto themselves. Failbook has tons.

Not worth its own thread, but I was using Google to search for an old post of mine here, was disturbed a bit by the* forced* autocomplete.substitution:

:eek:

What is the: (top five auto completes)

1. Difference between a pregnant woman and a light bulb
  2. Cornucopia the symbol of
  3. function of rna
  4. tea party
  5. smallest unit that can evolve.
    answer to #1 above:

You can unscrew a light bulb

Google.co.za

…time
… Illuminati
…time in South Africa
…meaning of my name
…internet
…fastest car in the world

The Illuminati are everywhere it seems.

I feel this is dangerous behavior. It seems to me you almost created some sort of internet wormhole.

In Australia:

What is the time
What is the date today
What is the meaning of life
What is the time in Brisbane

So, basically people want to know what date it is, what time it is, and what the hell is going on.

In the UK - I got:

What is my ip?
What is a g6?
What is my ip address?
What is the time?
What is?

All very mundane.

I tried Yahoo too, and got some VERY different things

what is the montauk monster
. . . world’s only immortal animal
. . . rarest stamp
. . . internet
. . . capital of california
. . . speed of light
. . . current prime rate
. . . meaning of life
. . . date today
. . . time

Oh, the answer to #2 is some kind of jellyfish, and the 8th one is 42.

Unfortunately, no one can be told what the ph of a 0.050 m hbr solution is. You have to see it for yourself.

I get:

what is the tea party
what is the american dream
what is the dream act
what is the illuminati
I think the searches are sensitive by location. I recorded my first ever Google auto-completion weird out in this blog entry. I summed it up as: “I hope there’s not some bio-engineer of a mad scientist out there working on a dead body with a dog, a girlfriend and an octopus.”