* * * ! Official 2016 US Presidential Election Day Thread ! * * *

Good luck tomorrow, Americans! This Canadian is starting to get butterflies hoping it all goes the way it should. I wish you all safe, boring lines and a positive outcome!

Bolding mine.

My Wife and I both work for County Government. Both our buildings are polling places. It’s a small mountain County in Colorado.

I’m curious if we get any of Trumps ‘Poll watchers’. And while the commercials will go away, no matter who is elected, it’s far from over.

Who is going to stay up till 12:05 AM EST to hear the results from Dixville notch?

I did, because I have to be up for work. Results From Dixville Notch (they named it naughty on purpose, I’m sure of it):

Clinton: 4
Trump:2
Johnson: 1
Write in for Romney: 1

And just for fun, Hart’s Location:

Clinton: 17
Trump: 14
Johnson: 3
write-ins:
Bernie Sanders: 1
John Kasich: 1

Trump must be going: “You are on my list, Mittens!”

Probably this is the best place to put some final expert models final popular vote predictions:

538: C +3.6
PEC: C +4
HuffPo: C +5.2
RCP rolling average: C +3.3 (4-way)
PollyVote: C +5.2

Luckily, keeping a shit list looks to be the only way he’s as competent as Nixon. (crosses fingers)

I just want to tell you good luck. We’re all counting on you.

Yes. Make sure Trump wins. 4 more years! (of hilarity).
Plus You said that 18 hours ago.:eek:

And it’s another Airplane reference fail!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

As far as Airplane! references go, I’m thinking we’ll hear announcements about getting “all emergency vehicles” out to the runway, which will include a Budweiser truck, a cement mixer and :eek: … a Trump Vodka truck.

Dammit, I came to this thread specifically to post this! [Shakes fist]

Everybody VOTE!! The rest of the world is counting on you to piff that jaundiced moron to the sidelines. Please?

I’m going to be in a virtual media black-out tonight from about 6:00-10:00 Eastern (band practice). I’m fully expecting to hear that Clinton has been pronounced the winner on the radio on my drive home.

It’ll be strange not tracking results as they roll-in, but band practice is pretty much my favorite thing, so Clinton and Trumpy are on their own.

The current polling average on 538 as of 4:50am has Clinton 45.8, Trump 41.9, which is Clinton +3.9. Is there an actual prediction of the ultimate margin, other than that?

(Looks like the now-cast and the polls-only agree, which is good, because the election IS being held today. Thank goodness :))

Let me toss in David Rothschild at PredictWise:

He also gives the following House probabilities:

Dems >= 218: 6%
GOP 218-230 23%
GOP 231-240 57%
GOP 241-250 11%
GOP >250 3%

Great minds, etc.

Personally, seeing as I’m 7 hours ahead of the U.S., I won’t be getting results until tomorrow morning my time. I’m thinking about pulling an all-nighter; it’s not as if I’ll get much sleep anyway.

I’m not familiar with that line, it must be from Airplane II.

That’s what I’ll be doing, 6 hours ahead of the East Coast as I am. I’m just figuring out what I need to get accomplished today so I can see where a nap will fit in. There’s no way I’m waiting until I wake up tomorrow morning to find out how things went!