Ointment! Amphibians! A funny word thread!

Don’t these sound like law firms?

“Tits, Winkle and Vibraphone”
“Dirigible and Spatchcock”

I can just see the bored receptionist going, “Dirigible and Spatchcock . . . No, Dirigible is out, can Spatchcock help you?”

Perambulate
Borborygmi
Sesquipedalian
Cheese
Fungicidal
Kafkaesque (Such a happy word.)

HomeSlice, here in Tucson, we actually have an anchorwoman named… get this… no kidding… Kris Pickel.

And rivulus, I’m naming my next punk band Snot Rhino.

Now that I think of it, I always laughed when Christopher Lloyd said “plutonium” in Back to the Future

FOOD. Notice how the words are funnier when in all caps.

Snark.

I don’t know if that one is actually in the dictionary, but it refers to a particular guitar tone. I cannot explain it, but I have heard it. Folks who play electric guitar will know what it means.

It’s a damn funny word to say, though. Snark snark snark! Snarkety snarky snark! Woohoo! I’m cheered already! :smiley:

( discombobulate )

It’s the presence of “bob” in the middle, nice and round, that does it. Say it like Rowan Atkinson being sarcastic andyou’ll see the humour.

Titicaca
bulbous bouffant
macadamia
gazebo
plethora…

The word snark was coined by Lewis Carroll in his poem The Hunting of the Snark. It has been re-used in computing and the military.

boojum
womble
snuggle
boutros boutros-ghali
duck
stephanapolis
moo

Now, some words are funny alone, but they get even funnier when combined, like the OP’s: crispy chimp

My nominee: prehensile nipples That popped into my head the other day while searching for phrases that have never been uttered before. It’s also just plain funny, especially if you consider it as imagery.

Also: ubiquitous emu Don’t know why I like that one - I just do.

Finally: A boojum is a kind of snark. The very deadly kind. (My cat is named boojum.)

(Oh, and the short lists are funnier than the longer ones… quality beats quantity every time.)

reciprivalsexclusion (a number defined to be any number other than itself- for example f(x)=x+1
nixon
mojo
sass
zymurgy
syzygy (not sure of spelling- when the moon, sun and earth align.)
vulva (just sounds cool)
xenophobia
xerxes
uvula
fluidized bed catalytic cracker (oil refinery unit also known as the “cat cracker” good rhythm)
rhythm
gonif
schlamiel (it’s yiddish- not sure of spelling)
buddha

googly (hee hee! :D)

Umm, actually, there’s a game called Stuperpowers which has that listed as an available power. Seriously. The picture has a guy shooting two automatics with his nipples.

Thought you’d like to know.

Scuba.
Persnickety.
Lollygagging.
Chum.

Crispy Chimp

Now that would be a kick-ass name for a band…

I almost died reading this…god, so funny.

It’s kinda fun to make up definations to words you don’t really know what they mean…like if you substitute Fungicidal for Suicidal in a sentance…that’s cool.
Speaking of funny combinations of words, I think the best is actually a poster on the board, Jimmy Nipples. It just flows so well…sigh…wow.

Funniest combination of words for me:

edited it

Can’t say them without my tongue getting tangled.

“Did you proofread the paper?” “Yes, and I edited it too.” (hee, hee)

rivulus (the burnt out college student)

FROM

Once I had this kind of deja-vu-brain-fart that made the word from seem incomprehensible. Even looking at it now…it’s just weird!

SHRIMPS…As in multiple shrimp

ICKLEPEX My stepmothers’ nickname for me regarding food

Jeez, you don’t check in for awhile and look what they say about you. :wink:

My favorite: swum; I nominate it for the word to lose all its meaning in the fewest repetitions.

willy-nilly
hello, a la Seinfeld. (cracks me up every time!)
perturbed
Amway

Also, two words that are well known in my little spot of the world that are just too fun to say over and over…

1. Pocotaglio - name of a river in a nearby county <poe-co-tag-leo>
  2. Coosawhatchie - name of the rural area where my parents lived on a dairy farm many years ago. pronounced <coo - sah - hatchie>

He he, I always thought flatulence was a funny word, but it ain’t so funny when you can’t open the window…

Yes! Like Quotidian Flatulence