(Old) FA LA LA LA LA Decking The Halls In The MMP

Thanks! I actually started feeling better as the shift wore on, instead of the usual opposite. Must’ve been the turmeric supplement … sure, yeah, that’s it.

We were dead slow the 2nd half of the night, so I (eventually, slowly) ate what really is by my current standard lots: started with kettle chips and a rice krispie (the cornerstone of any nutritious meal) then ran out on my break to the Corner Sto’ for one of those frozen sandwiches because I had a sudden gnawin’ and cravin’ that just wouldn’t quit, and they had one left just for me!

Plus some (non-medicated … sheesh, y’all makin’ assumptions) gummy worms from the stash in my apron pocket, and a slice of some customer’s pepperoni-bacon pizza who insisted we burned hers and wanted a re-make (literally everyone on crew & Sweet Manager were all like, “This pizza is perfect,” and let’s just say it did not last long on the break table) so maybe not the most nutritionally balanced overall, but at least I ate and have some sort of appetite again.

Apparently, standing around bored out of your skull leads to nibbling whatever is in front of you.
Who knew? /s

That’s a shitty position to be in. Almost as bad as thinking things are gonna be O.K. and then being blindsided, but really, not by much.

Jeez. Spoiler alert!

Those absolute assholes! How dare they?

I like all of those words!

This is no doubt old news to you, but a saline wash (a.k.a. “neti pot”) can work wonders.

If this was indeed a “new/fresh” infection, it works even better.

It’s basically warm diluted salt water poured/squirted into one nostril & out the other. During its lazy-river travel through your head-holes, it rinses away a lot of the excessive crud, and the salt can help disinfect a bit on the way.

One of those “can’t hurt, might help” remedies. Cheap, often surprisingly effective, and zero Rx effects. Only side effects I can think of are 1a.) it can be disconcerting to feel like you’re waterboarding yourself, and 2b.) what rinses out of your newly-unclogged sinuses is yuck to see. Best done in a hot, steamy shower.

But being able to breathe after spending what amounts to way less than five bucks - plus some time waterboarding oneself - is ever so worth it.

Now, don’t go scaring the newbies. You make edibles sound horrifying!

The only problem is the idiots who scarf an entire 50 mg (or two!! :exploding_head:) on their very first attempt, when they have little or zero tolerance. Those are the dummies who wind up incoherently begging their friend for a ride to the E.R. because they’re convinced they’re dying. (Spoiler alert: you’re not dying … but you do provide the E.R. staff with some much-needed entertainment. Some water and a nice nap, and you’ll be fine.)

They nowadays make micro-dose edibles at a whopping 1 mg each. Those are nice, and an easy way to gently try the sensation without overloading yourself. Eat a couple of those, give it half an hour, eat 2-3 more.

@LSLGuy there are low-sugar edibles, depending on location. Please P.M. if you’d like any more info.

Due to the insanely slow biz tonight (I think we had a total half dozen orders the whole last Panic Hour, and easily half of those were piled up in the final 20 minute countdown) we had a fast-ass close tonight. Fine by me.

So I’ve already been chilling with Monkey for a while as I get caught up with y’all, while gloating over the fact that Past Shoe already rolled her biiiiiig trash bin out, and thus Current Me doesn’t hafta deal with that, and also am picking through a bag of store-bought Chex Mix for all the good bits and setting the remainder aside for the rats.

{ sniff } :disappointed_relieved: