(Old) Funny things you overheard in the MMP

Thanks.

X2.

You would be correct.

Anyone know any reputable scrappers in the rather shitty parts of western Mitten State?

Cuz I hafta get a giant metal box out of this house.
My freezer is DEAD-dead, and the fridge is
… cooling, grudgingly … but also full of food I … trust?
I had to buy a Sawzall and cut out part of the kitchen counter to get this behemoth in.
I didn’t want it; I “inherited it in the divorce” (eg got it in the breakup, when I moved the fuck outta TX) and now I’m literally stuck with this thing.
And its repeated fix-it costs.

So here’s the rundown … my home freezer is DEAD dead (I brought a box of salvageable TV dinners back to work; gotta love industrial freezers AND coworkers who hafta be swatted (“not for you!”)) and my fridge works - kinda - but I’m now doing the “fun” of deciding what might be edible (ketchup = OK) and also throwing away a rather heartbreaking amount of food.

I’ve been doing ^^^ for over a week.

Wanna guess when the smoke detector battery died last night?

If you guessed, “Right when shoe was finally drifting off to sleep, last night, after random cops busted someone in her driveway” you’d be correct.

I did NOT set the damn smoke detector off. It’s now (still) beeping intermittently (now on my back steps, so I don’t lose my damn mind hearing it) but submitting the maintenance request brought up a "Your lease is up for renewal … "

… and also …

who’s surprised that my rent is going up?

Sorry. This should’ve all gone in the Pit. I started responding, continued typing, and then … fuck it, imma hit send anyway.

With the added benefit of legal weed.

A couple of cuties! :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

I’m relieved that Annie is feeling better sticky buns.

That’s a sweet block there hippy.

I’m beginning to think that my second job is fighting my insurance company. They haven’t even begun to work on my car yet because the body shop won’t touch it for the mechanical repair and they don’t want to pay what the dealership wants for the repair. I’m just telling them to get my !@#$ing car fixed and back to me.Oy, vey!

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Howdy Y’all! We are home from men’s night over to the church house. As usual, we had a good crowd and solved the world’s problems, but, of course, no e ever listens to us. Both of us brought home part of our steak, so steak and aigs for breakfast. YUM!

Sticky_Buns I remember Bubba Schnoodle. Yay for MusicMan gettin’ signed up for health care.

MOOOOOOM Hope movin’ day is not too stressful.

Hippie glad you can get back to quiltin’. I know you missed it.

Taters have fun seein’ daughter and sil tonight. Glad y’all are gettin’ that chance. Happy Doperversary!

Pilot that taco sounds like sump’n I’d gobble up.

Nettie since when has sanity ever had anything to do with the MMP.

Wheelie happy travels, though you are probably in Phoenix by now.

O_W meatloaf lasagna sounds tasty to me.

Coppertone glad you can work tomorrow, Hope you get the money soonest.

A fair point. :slight_smile:

Hubs was an autobody guy. He was very good at it. He was an OK car mechanic when it came to changing our oil and rotating the wheels, but we always paid “real” mechanics for anything more.

That is one of the few things Nextdoor is good for. Failing that, drag it to the street and put a For Sale sign on it. You might also find a used fridge available for not as much as buying new. Or not…that’s how things work here but here is weird.

Dang about the rent increase, I hope it is reasonable and affordable.

Rentals around here get snapped up right away. It’s crazy.

Don’t kids that age still rough-house around? Laminate floors are hard and bonking a head would probably involve blood and tears.

They mostly hang out at Sunset Point nowadays but they used to be in abundance. I suppose they will be back after enforcement stops.

And another reason to move!!! We’ve been looking around the Ohio river area. Hubs is concerned about the skeeters but I’ve been there before and those skeeters are not nearly as bad as monsoon skeeters.

So I visited my doctor today and complained about my thyroid meds. My insurance didn’t want to pay for the meds I was on so we tried something else out. We are going back to my old meds and appealing with the insurance company. If that doesn’t work, I’ll self-pay because insurance driven medical care is horrible.

We’ve been getting rain off and on all day which is very nice. I’m seeing green on my baby trees and the deciduous neighborhood trees are all looking bumpy.

Oh, more Junction hate…there are grackles in the fast food parking lots. I like Corvids and grackles are really entertaining. I don’t want them here because once they move in you are left with nothing but grackles and pigeons.

Nope. Flight was delayed by 2-plus hours for no apparent reason. Well, the reason is that there’s no plane, but the reason for that is unclear.

Still 55 minutes until boarding. I’ve had two pints of Dos Equis at the airport bar, which helps pass the time. But I don’t want to get slobbering drunk before getting on board, so I think I’m done.

And every time I refresh the Southwest app, it gets a couple minutes later. My ETA is now 2 hours 21 minutes later than originally scheduled. Which wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t have to get up at 5:30 in the morning.

ETA: In an unprecedented turn of events, the departure time was just moved earlier. So I got 22 minutes back. Never seen that happen before.

Sky Harbor is getting hammered ATM. This storm brought noise and lights as well. I just looked and there are a WHOLE bunch of delays happening.

I hope the rest of the trip is better.

Huh. I hadn’t seen anything about bad weather in Phoenix.
And I just lost 8 of those 22 minutes I got back.

BUT, our plane has just arrived and people are deplaning now. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Wait? You’re flying in a tunnel??

I crack me up.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think Elon Musk is working on that.

swampy, this is for you! I thought of you immediately when I heard it!

What do you call a baby born in a whorehouse?

A brothel sprout!

To your room! NOW!!!

Happy Monday!

No park today. I overslept because I woke up in pain last night and had trouble getting back to sleep. It was cold outside anyway.

I visited the knee doctor and got my shot. Lucked out and found a parking space pretty close to the door. It’s almost impossible to find a parking space anyway.
My knee had stopped hurting, but I got the shot anyway. Afterwards my knee really hurt.
It’s all good now.

You can make lasagna with rice.

I wonder if you could use rice noodles?

Taters, I wonder if the boarding kennel will bathe the puppies before sending them home. Some places do that as a courtesy, probably to get the kennel smell off of them.

Shoe I don’t know if what I did will work for you. It will probably depend on what kind of suncatchers and how heavy they are.
I used a tension rod. The window I hung them in is long, so the tension rod is a bit thicker and stronger than the thin ones. I saw a video where some woman was using 3-ring binder rings for something and I thought that could work, but instead I got sparkly shower curtain hooks. They are a little big for the rod though, so I’m not sure I like them.
I hung the shower curtain hooks over the tension rod, then hooked ‘wind spinner swivel hooks’ to the shower curtain hooks, then hooked the sun catcher chains to the swivel hooks. If you used a thinner tension rod you could probably just hook the swivel hooks to that.
I don’t like the way the tension rod looks though, so I’m looking for a short valance to hang over it.
Unfortunately, the curtains I have in the other windows don’t come with a valance option.

I’ve never had luck with suction cups, and I didn’t want to put any holes in the window frame.

The one thing I overheard, and it’s a little raunchy.
I posted it here before but it was a while back.

I’m sure y’all have heard the expression ‘Bros before hos’.
My crazy drunk used to be neighbor had some friends over and one of the girls that was leaving was flirting with one of the guys and the guy wasn’t interested. As the guy walked back to his friends he said, ‘you know what they say, dicks before chicks’.
I thought, that doesn’t sound quite the same when you put it that way.
All of them were drunk and crazy, I was glad when they moved out.

Evening all. Swimming got swum (1.5 miles) and soccer meeting was attended (it was for the referees, only 5 of us veterans were there, was nice catching up with them). Then over to Staples for printing paper and toner cartridge (my brand spanking new debit card got a little more work), then busted my calorie limits at 5 Guys (in my defense, I only had their ‘little’ fries, which is still over 500 calories, instead of the regular, which is nearly 1000 calories (but they are so damn good…). So I guess more exercise tomorrow. Down below 40F now, it’s supposed to warm up during the week, but kind of glad my HVAC got worked on last week instead of now.

37 messages since this morning… (rolls up sleeves and plunges in).

I will have to remember that, it is a 9.9 on the insult scale.

FCM, agree that a puppy is a rather silly idea right now, if Daughter wants one for the kids she’ll have to figure it out on her own (IMHO, YMMV). Oh, and…

So much said in so few words. And light a fire under that eye doc!!

Catglove, good luck to the Spartans/Lady Spartans.

JtC, thanks for sharing the larger picture with us regarding moving. I just hope that you are happy wherever you end up.

Wheelie, hope you are on your way to PHX by now. And that’s a sad story, just a nice family outing and…

Coppertone, if you don’t know the fate of Sisyphus, look it up…think you have some things in common.

nellie, you finally get rid of the arguing pair upstairs and now it’s the brats downstairs. Can’t seem to catch a break, can you? And are the landlords going to provide litter boxes and pooper scoopers to everyone?

Miss Owl, I am not a fan of Italian dishes but a meatloaf lasagna sounds oddly attractive.

Flyboy, that’s a tough place to be with the teeth. So far all of mine have been ok, but one of these days…

Pilot, whenever I had a window or aisle seat and another passenger had the other one, I’d always say to them “Let us now say the traveler’s prayer…O Lord, let the middle seat be empty”. Worked about 15% of the time…

Shoe, somebody is going to want that hunk of metal. Don’t know what to suggest with the fridge, though. And rent increases are one reason for me to stay in my (paid for) house for a few more years.

red, insurance companies can be a royal PITA. Hope they come to their senses soon.

Whew! Hope I caught up. Apologies for anyone/anything I missed. After 9pm here so will shortly close up shop and head off to reading and TV watching before bedtime See all y’all on 2sDay.

I disagree.

I napped. Mirror Universe Spot napped with me. Had the usual cheeseburgers and some Green Man ESB

Fine, take the easy way out.

OK, then a move makes sense. Plus you’d be withing driving distance. :wink:

You do such good things with and for the kids, I really do admire that about you.

Something else that I keep neglecting to bring up is that I really do love hubs and want him to be happy in his dotage. Plus I’d like to think that the mental stimulation of going back to the place he was raised and exploring the new/old will maybe slow the dementia a little. One of his favorite games is based in WV, around the Greenbrier Resort and nuclear war bunker for Congress and I know he likes knowing the battlefields.

So, dinner is over and the last batch of cookies is in the oven. Tomorrow is the totally useless Presidential Preference election and I like to take the volunteers cookies to thank them for their service. I was the government representative for two of these stoopid things and I know that the volunteers are going to get yelled at all day long.

This election is not the primary, it is the one where folks vote on which Presidential candidate their party should pick. The ballots only show the candidates for the party the voter is registered in and as Independents don’t have Presidential candidates, they don’t get to vote at all. It’s gonna suck and I’m glad I’m not going to be part of it.

Isn’t that just how it works?

That Rice Lasagna looks pretty yummy, I shoulda know that someone had already perfected it!

Today is “Spoil the kitty who is getting sedated tomorrow” day and VBC is starting to get suspicious. The carrier is in the living room, which is an ominous sign already AND she has been getting warm towels to snuggle into all day as well as elevator rides onto the pile.

I’m really hoping that she won’t come home to hospice, her breathing and coughing has gotten really bad.

I keep telling people I’m lazy!!! :rofl:

Too late to edit, sorry about the double post.

A lot of the realtors require loan pre-approval before moving forward. Doing this will not cost us anything and one pre-approval will be good for the entire process. As we hadn’t run our annual credit report yet this year, that got done and we both had different scores again.

This confused me because all of the bills, plastic and bank accounts have both of our names on them so why do we have different scores? This year I was a few points higher than Hubs and last year he had a better score. This is very confusing to me, so I’m hoping someone can help explain it.

The difference in a few points hovering around the 800 level won’t make any real difference as far as pre-approving a loan that won’t happen anyhow, so it’s not really important enough to start a new thread over.

Well, I know you were all holding your collective breath, but I made it!
Checked in, unpacked, teefs brushed, and under the covers before 10.
Now let’s hope I can sleep.

I overheard a couple of real Zingers. Wish I could post them here…