Old-ish TV shows that have faded into obscurity. Or were just cancelled.

I miss Parker Lewis Can’t Lose
And I really miss The Adventures of Brisco Country Jr, though it’s still on TNT on Saturday mornings.

SNL didn’t replace it. Weekend aired only on every fourth saturday, SNL on the other three. Lloyd Dobyns was the host. Linda Ellerbe joined during the final season. Dobyns and Ellerbe later co-hosted NBC Overnight in the early 80s

Cheers
Night Court
Barney Miller
Taxi

They used to air on UHF stations in virtualy every market. Alas, no more.

I always thought “Mr. Belvedere” was vastly underrated, in an era of garbage like “Growing Pains” and “Who’s The Boss?” I still want to know who did casting for that show-- only a true genius would think to put Bob Uecker in a family sitcom opposite a stuffy butler.

And does anyone remember a really short-lived series called “Cutters”? Maybe early 90s? All I remember about it is that it was short-lived for a very good reason. But the name is stuck in my head.

I liked Ellery Queen. (That was back in the '70s–unless it’s been in syndication somewhere, I suppose only us middle age types would have ever seen it.

It died of old age rather than just fading away, but *Magnum, P.I.*was always one of my favorites. It’s a little dated now, but still very enjoyable. I keep wondering why somebody doesn’t make a reunion movie out of it.

*The Adventures of Brisco Country, Jr.*was a lot of fun, but I suspect the great mass of the viewing public couldn’t make heads or tails of it.

The Muppet Show. I loved that show when I was a little kid (and if I saw it now I would love it as much!) and Fraggle Rock. :slight_smile:

ChiefScott,
Night Court is on A&E every day.
9:00 & 9:30 am and then it repeats at 3:00 & 3:30 pm.
Just thought you’d want to know… :slight_smile:

Barney Miller is supposed to be coming to TVLand in the fall.

You guys are forgetting the best show to come out of the '70s.

Emergency!

My five year-old son and I have enjoyed it lately on TVLand. We make a point of watching it every day. I remember being five years-old myself and watching it.

Joy is right: The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock rock!!

Heh. I ran across a Jem webring, of all things, last year while websurfing. Truly outrageous! :wink:

–tygre

I’m curious as to what happened to the two beloved cartoon series of my extreme youth - “Star Blazers” (which I just mentioned in another thread) and “Battle of the Planets”. Are they still around?

Anyone remember “Nichols” starring James Garner, pre-Rockford Files? It also had Margot Kidder, pre-Superman. Garner played an Arizona Sheriff in the early 20th century, as the west was beginning to evolve beyond its wild, gun-toting, two-fisted reputation.

I loved that show, but no one else did apparently, and it died a dog’s death after a season or two. Fascinating thing about it, they killed the main character in the last episode (and you thought “Action” was the first to do that), though Nichol’s “twin brother” was on hand til the end of the episode.

I loved the “Nichols” theme too, a lovely horn solo I can still hum. (A big wet cyber kiss goes to whoever can point me to a recording of it.)

I once read something that made me smile. Apparently Garner was once asked his favorite role, and in a career that included Maverick and Rockford he no doubt raised a lot of eyebrows when he answered “Nichols.”

“Once a Hero,” but I’m probably the only one on this board who’s even heard of it. (It ran on ABC all too briefly.)

Best of the West – nice, gentle western spoof
Wish You Were Here – Robert Altman produced this great show about a guy taking his video camera to Europe and sending the tapes home each week.
Eerie, Indiana (though this keeps coming back)
Picket Fences (Rome, Wisconsin, was a sister city of Eerie Indiana – they even had the same school principal, and Eerie’s weatherman became, appropriately, medical examiner in Rome. Not to mention Jason Shenkarov).
Arresting Behavior – a spoof of “Cops” Very funny.

Yes! Parker Lewis Can’t Lose! I loved that show. I’d like to see Beavis and Butthead return.

I loved both Police Squad and Parker Lewis. A more obscure one I really loved was called “Hell Town” starring Robert Blake as a priest in a tough innercity neighborhood. The theme song kicked ass too, lol.

God’s workin’ overtime in Helltown, HELLTOWN, HELLTOWN You can’t keep us dooooooowwwnnn!

Sorry Kawlinga I was there and watched it. Weekend was on for a year or two before SNL aired. There may have been a brief period where they overlapped, but, if so, it didn’t last long. Weekend disappeared shortly after SNL came on, if not immediately after. I mourned its passing.

Max Headroom

The A-Team

TBS shows it late late night Sunday Night.

Well that should teach me to read the whole thread :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d like to see Beavis and Butthead return

I want to see only the first season. Every episode after that was so lame.

IIRC, TV Nation was that show with Michael Moore, right?
He has a new show on the Bravo channel called The Awful Truth. Its very good.

Hmmm, thanks for letting me know about Family Ties on TBS. I’ll give it a try and see just how badly its aged.

Anyone know if Benson is on anywhere? That’s another one that was fairly popula, but seems to have disappeared from public memory.