(Old) It's Time For A New MMP

Have a very short ride on Boom Shakalaka today, about 10 minutes. She is a little muscle sore from our ride yesterday. I was walking her back to the pasture, fortunately on grass, when she jumped to the side and knocked me to the ground. She did not do this on purpose, and I cannot blame her. She was startled because two bozos on their horses came around the corner without making themselves known. Barn etiquette says you should say door before you walk in the door or hello or something to let people know that you are approaching. The bozos did not say anything and neither Ariel nor I even saw them. I don’t think I saw them until I was looking up at them from the ground. But I am fine and of course she is fine.

Last night I started watching Celebrity Traitors UK, which is streaming on Peacock. It takes itself quite seriously and is trying to be very Goth, etc. but it is simply amusing, and there are a few funny lines.

{{{JtC}}} Feel better soonest!

JtC Feel better soonest! I had a similar puke fest about a month ago. It sucks. Was 4 days of one end or the other on the terlet.

Ms Peach is tired. We went to the museum and visited with the boss lady’s doggo. Been doing that most sundays since I got the little dufus, also the rest of the staff like getting extra dog.

wetone Bozos on horses should be banned…Although it’s a good band name.

Well, I’m home, Logan’s Roadhouse fed me well and the gym aided me in taking off a lot of the calories I had added. Home now and looking at doing as little as possible until bedtime beckons once more and I can mosey into another week.

And speaking of moseying, guess I need to catch up with my fellow Mumpers Sunday adventures…

FCM, my half-gallon of milk is good to 16 October, so I reckon yours is OK…. And whatever is on the list, something will get left off, if it is anything like my travel lists… And sounds like Mom is more self-aware at her age than sister is… Local BIL could use a gym membership, it helped me a lot to control my weight. Safe travels.

swampy, been cloudy all day up here threatening to rain but no precipitation has precipitated.

Mollie, trust you enjoyed your day of sloth.

Taters, I see you are living up to your Mumper name. Makes me think you probably enjoyed the movie “The Martian” since he survived thanks to the help of potato plants.

Oopsie, I hardly ever remember my dreams, sorta envy those who do, even if they are disasters. Love the Book Nook, awaiting the new sets in the near future.

Cookie, bet you weren’t the only one to complain about it, hope it stays consistent from now on. Hope the kids visit soon.

52, lovely pictures of the felines.
,
JtC, happy that you remain among the living, even if you feel like it’s a bad idea right now… Take care and hope the Doc can help you out.

wet one, glad your find and bozos are going to bozo, I’m afraid.

VanGo, glad Ms.Peach is getting her cardio workouts too…

And time for a couple evening sammiches and maybe some more tackleball watching.

Howdy Y’all! Been home a while from group but needed to chill with some stoopid teevee for a bit. OYKW hauled the biiiiiig trash can all the way down to the road for pickup tomorrow, in between rains whilst I was gone. shoe here’s your reminder. Right now it’s light rain out, but heavier rains have happened and will happen tomorrow as well accordin’ to TWPTB. We are also under a flood watch tonight and tomorrow. I shall now see whatup on teh intartoobz for a bit and then have myself an early bedtime as I’s tahrd.

52 Happy gotcha day to Oliver! :: skritches :: for Oliver and Jax!

{{{JtC}}} hope you feel better soonest.

WetOne glad Boom Shakalaka and you are fine and survived the wankers.

Kitchens are the same. “Coming around” “Sharp knife” “Hot sh!$ comin’ through” and the all-important “BEHIND YOU!”


Out having a smoke break cuz once again, we are dead, dead, dead.

However, I have a happy tummy, cuz when your boss gets the munchies & sends you on a run for The Border, you GO. :taco:

BF and I walked through the woods today and BF was jumpy wondering what all the thunking sounds were. Well it was black walnuts falling. We were lucky that neither of us were hit. Didn’t see any deer today but then we went 2pm-ish and they were likely taking naps.

Oh well. Only one team can win the game and the Badgers were a much better and bigger team on their OL and DL lines. And the Wisky QB was GREAT! He gained ~130 yds rushing himself. Did you happen to notice that “the other school” lost as well, to Minny 20-14 so the Gophers kept the Little Brown Jug.

I hope they wait until decorations are put up for, then taken down for El Dia de los Muertos. Love those masks!

I’m sure you meant football but they also lost an exhibition :basketball: game to the Spartans Friday night. It was the start to the Izzone Campout.

I’m simpatico with this woman. The Egg Bar wants me to download an ap; NOT gonna happen, I’ll just have my daughter do it…on her phone.

Spot reminds me of what I witnessed on my drive to church this evening. There was a cat that looked very similar to Spot lying in the middle of the street right in front of where the children will walk across or be dropped off for middle school tomorrow morning. I drove on the other side of the street so I wouldn’t come close to it. Then I called the Police Dept, first the front desk who said that likely DPW will have to take care of picking it up then transferred me to Dispatch who said nobody from Animal Control is in and won’t be until tomorrow morning. Well, first this woman was asking me what the cross-streets were, said she had to have 2 cross-streets. For crying out loud, I told her the street it was on right in front of the middle school. You’re in blanking dispatch and you don’t know where this middle school is??? I wanted to say to her, ‘guess you’re really not from our city, are you’ but instead I mentioned that it wouldn’t be wise to leave the cat there so that a) it doesn’t get run over and squished and b) so none of the rugrats get traumatized tomorrow seeing kittycat lying there. I’m thinking of sending an email to the Mayor.

It was Mr. Black in the conservatory with the spatula.

BF is hopefully closing on the house that her late husband’s late Mom owned. It’s been quite the ordeal for her. The proceeds are to be split between late husband’s twin brothers. So, she was frantic about getting all her expenditures for the house on a list so she could present it at the closing and get reimbursed. She finally asked if I could help, well first I asked if she’d go walk with me today and she replied that she would walk with me if I would help her do the accounting of all the $$$ she spent on repair supplies, contractual services, utilities and other. I replied “It’s a deal”. Told her to gather up all her receipts and relevant papers and come over. I had previously told her and reiterated that she needed to be reimbursed for her labor for all the work she did herself on that house. She was reluctant but was persuaded. She gestimated that she spent at least 40 hours per month for 7 months. Then we looked up the average range of rates for handymen and settled on $55/hr. She wanted to go with the low end of $50.

Our printer, an HP, is out of ink so first Hubs installed some generic replacement cartridges that were for our model HP but HP won’t work if you don’t use their brand cartridges; he didn’t know that. So, after walking we stopped at Staples and I bought just a black cartridge. Got home, had Hubs install it and it wouldn’t work because all 3 color cartridges must be replaced as well. They are sold as a package but Staples was out of stock of the 4 cartridge packs which was $180. They only had the individual cartridges separately which were $80 for the black and $60 each for the yellow, red and blue. I would like to speak to Mr Hewlett and Mr Packard and tell them YUCK FOO! Luckily Staples took the singular black one back and credited my credit card. Now we have to find somewhere we can buy the 4 color cartridge pack or order them. What a blanking racket!

And on that cheery note, I’m going to close for tonight because Oopsy’s post reminded me that Downton Abbey is on right now.

Yuppers it is that time of year. If you listen closely, you can hear them let go, then hear them when they hit something. I think I’ve said it before, but my neighbor’s metal roof sounds like a gun shot. I wonder what it sounds like inside.

Bedtime for me and the dog.

Stay safe, y’all.