I got one and I was counting so too distracted to play. I’m still mad about that, I could have had a lot of fun being the slightly senile, very deaf worried grandmother, but I couldn’t shift focus fast enough.
He’s been having a very hard time hasn’t he? I hope he doesn’t end up homeless again.
I hope your night wasn’t too crazy.
Your father was a very smart man.

Its sad that they haven’t learned yet. Try to not roll your eyes at the next attempt, it wouldn’t be very diplomatic.
We put new windows into our place ourselves about 20 years ago. Both of almost died of the vapors when we learned how much we were going to be paying someone else to do this house.
We are about a block away from a decently large river so morning fog is pretty common. We also get fog rising over the forest during the evening sometimes which is delightfully gothic.
Thank you but that was just the first part. Now I need to follow up and be sure that they all get processed. That’s a lot of phone time, but at least I don’t have to remember if DST is in effect and what the time difference is with or with/out it.
I agree with you about driving in fog. WV weather isn’t very nice to working folks, but its great for people who like to sit inside their comfy house and look at the weather through the glass.
If you don’t want to look out your windows-I seem to remember you saying you never open your blinds-then you shouldn’t pay someone to wash the outsides. That layer of dirt is helping to block the UV coming into your house and might even help with your AC bills.
So today we finally put all of the hardware back on the door in my room. I didn’t want to ding the paint and we rarely close that door anyhow.
Back when I was a pre-teen, Dad built a 6 room extension to the childhood home. Folks called it an extension, I called it a wing because that sounded so much classier.
Well, anyhow the rooms needed doors and Dad, who was trying to save money where he could, bought doors without the door knob holes. He borrowed a tool to cut the holes but miss measured one. As a very impressionable young lady, I clearly remember this because I learned so many amazing words and how they could be used so many interesting ways.
So…back to my door. When the painter pulled the doorknob out, he struggled with it and then showed me that part of the inside was slightly bent.
When I tried to put the new doorknob on, it wouldn’t fit correctly. I pulled it out and looked at how it worked then looked at the hole. There was what looked to be a small gouge mark where the doorknob wouldn’t close. I knew what had happened, so asked Hubs if we had a file.
That led to him taking almost an hour to figure out what I told him originally, there was a mistake made back in the '80s and a small bit of wood needed to be filed out. There was a time when I would have been offended by that, today I just handed him the hinges and let him have at it. I couldn’t have reached the top hinge without a step stool anyhow.
I"m glad all of that stuff is off my desk, it was pretty crowded.