Old songs you've heard a million times but.

. . .still crank up the volume for.

I nominate Hendrix’ “Let Me Stand Next To Your Fire”. That opening riff can’t be denied.

I randomly had the Doors’ “Light My Fire” in my head yesterday. I was like “Damn I haven’t heard that in forever. What a great song!” I told Alexa to play it loud!

Surfin’ Bird, but probably just because it annoys the hell out of almost everybody else…and I know all the words.

Anything ufo…especially rock bottom or doctor doctor.

Ode to Billy Jo

More than a feeling by Boston. Because Penguins.
Most classic rock actually. I’m kind of stuck in the past when it comes to music I really like.

The Who - “Won’t Get Fooled Again”.

Actually, pretty much anything by The Who. But most definitely WGFA.

Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water. I’ve heard this one a trillion times, but still enjoy it every time.

I think as songs age, they sometimes lose something because of their lyrics. So here are a few without any lyrics

Yeah, that’s one for me also. I’ll add “Long Cool Woman” by The Hollies

And Redbone’s “Come And Get Your Love”

Martha and the Vandellas’ “Dancin’ in the Streets”

The Beatles “A Hard Day’s Night”

Belinda Carlisle “Heaven Is a Place on Earth”

Layla for me. I listened to it the other day, beginning to end, loud. I paid close attention to every drum beat, every guitar note, every piano plunk.

I concluded that Layla is a perfect song.

mmm

I’m Not In Love, 10CC.

Holding Back The Years, Simply Red

Kim Carnes’ “Bette Davis Eyes”

Baltimora’s “Tarzan Boy”

Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance with Somebody”

Boney M’s “Rasputin”

My man!

Yeah, this one.

Also When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin.

Back in Black (AC/DC)
Radio Ga Ga (Queen)
Don’t Bring Me Down (Electric Light Orchestra)
Hold the Line (Toto)

Anything I can chair-dance to or chair-headbang to. Smoke on the Water and Back in Black (as mentioned), Bohemian Rhapsody, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, Radar Love, Metal Health. But there are others, as well, like Waylon’s Clyde, Joan Jett’s Bad Reputation (and Suzi Quatro’s Devil’s Gate Drive, for that matter), Alannah Myles’s Black Velvet.

And Slayer’s Raining Blood because I played it at ear-shattering volume whenever the boys wouldn’t turn down their various devices. Yes, the whole song. Every time.

“Nub” - The Jesus Lizard

Turtles - “Eleanor”

Hell - the whole bloody album (well, other than the opening 1:30 or so of goofy atmospherics, but then gets right down to business.) :slightly_smiling_face:

Has to be the live version from Made In Japan. Much better than the studio version.

My song is Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd. My favorite version is the live version from Pulse. It has a killer guitar solo.