Old songs you've heard a million times but.

Holding Back The Years is one for me too. Love that song.

I’ll add Bowie’s Rebel, Rebel.

I like their cover of Built For Comfort (by Willie Dixon). I think that’s the title.

Yep, that’s the title…

Wedding Bell Blues - Fifth Dimension (but Laura Nyro’s version will do in a pinch)

Many good ideas so far, let me add “I’m waiting for the man” in David Bowie’s version in Santa Monica live 1972, a bootleg that YouTube erases regularly but here it goes:

Mick Ronson’s guitar is out of this world in this one. Hey, the whole recording is great. Would have loved to be there, but I was too young and far away.
And Walk on the Wild Side.

I can’t think of any song I would “crank up” that is regularly played on the radio.

However, there are some songs I have on CD that I like to play loud. My all-time-favorite crank-it-up song is What Goes On by The Velvet Underground, especially the ear-splitting guitar solo that comes in at 1:07. Symptom of the Universe by Black Sabbath is another.

Takin’ Care of Business
Born To Run
Levon

Suspicious Minds - I love the video of Elvis performing on stage. Such a vibrant and energetic performance and the song itself is fast and fun.

Riders on the Storm by The Doors, Rocketman by Elton John, I Feel Good by James Brown, I Want To Break Free by Queen.

Plenty of others but those are the ones I have listened to in the last week according to my music player app which are old songs.

“Made In Japan” is fantastic, one of the all time greatest live rock albums, but I also still like the studio version.

Liked that! Recorded it actually, in case YT scrubs it.

Belinda Carlisle’s “Circle in the Sand”

Fleetwood Mac’s “Little Lies”

ZZ Topp’s “Legs”

Shirley Bassey’s “Goldfinger”

Been listening to youtube as background instead of anything I need to pay attention to and they have a wicked good zep playlist. There is an absolutely amazing one from around 10 years back - Robert Plant and his post zep band on Austin City Limits doing Babe I’m Gonna Leave You. The acoustic guitar work is amazing, and while his singing voice has lost the high end, it is still haunting.

Enjoyed!

Being a baby boomer, born at the end in 61, I love classic rock - and I was talking with mrAru about some of the music I shuffle on youtube, and we deem it ‘the soundtrack of our life’ - despite also enjoying everything from Romanian Dubstep, Rammstein and tanze metal, to Japanese heavy metal and noh dramas, classical and jazz/blues.

John Cage’s 4:33. As far as I’m concerned you can’t play it too loud!

Just about anything by Guns N Roses, AC/DC, Warrant and Motley Crue.

I remember when that song came out. A local DJ took a call-in vote on whether or not to ban the song. Banning won by a large margin (to my dismay), and he broke the record on-air.

When I was a tween, several years after it was a big hit, we played “Smoke on the Water” in junior high band. I’ve never liked it since.

I have, however, always liked “Woman from Tokyo.” Last time I heard it in public, I was at a grocery store and it played around the same time I knew my niece had a long layover there, en route to Jakarta, when she was an exchange student in 2018.

Yes, or “Lights Out” 4sure!

Heart/Ann & Nancy Wilson … love the studio version we grew up with on late '70s FM radio [man, radio was killer back then!]
But here’s a wicked live version; this 1 nails sonic perfection EVERY time!

“Old” to me is the 80s, so these: