OMG, y'all. Mike Warns @dropzone passed away suddenly (2022-May-22) - GoFundMe link now set up

I spoke to his daughter. She said it was sudden and unexpected.
I knew he was having troubles.
I’m so sorry he died
He was my hero, my surrogate Daddy and my good friend.

Y’all have a pleasant thought for him and his family.

RIP, Mikey, my hero

Sorry to hear it. No one will get out of this world alive. Grim.

Vale Mister Zone, and condolences to his family and you too Beck.

Goodness! RIP Dropzone.

Ohhh, no.

My condolences to you, Beck, and to his family and friends.

Oh God… I am so sorry.

Wow. I mentioned Hawkwind lyrics in the past, and of course no one caught it, but Dropzone did and finished the line. RIP, man, and use your wheels, it is what they are for.

I appreciate you letting us know, @Beckdawrek. May he rest in peace. He was a character around here and will be missed. My condolences to you and his family.

RIP, Dropzone. He was in poor health for a very long time.

RIP, Mike. I haven’t been around here very long, but had already come to appreciate you.

Your asshole roommate’s loud TV … won’t be bothering you now. Nothing will.

Thanks, Beck, for the heads up.

That’s really sad news indeed. I always enjoyed his contributions. Hope his family are OK and getting the support and love they need right now.

I’m sorry to hear that. :frowning:

Yes he was. I thought he was holding his own. They put him back in a rehab program about 3weekd ago
He was never sure it was doing any good. He had been flat on his back for a couple of months. And I imagine it hurt like hell.
The last day we texted he was feeling alittle stronger. He was actually more worried for me. I told him I was going home the next day and he thought it was too soon. One week ago today.
I had a text but no words Monday. And I joked he was being close-mouth about it.
His daughter emailed me he was going to the hospital Monday evening. They thought he had pneumonia again. He was on the vent again. I got sporadic emails. And she emailed me today and said he died. She the doctors said he could’ve gotten over the pneumonia

Ok. I went to post that last comment and I got a 503 error 3 times.
Mikey is here.
He hated me talking about him on here.
That was weird.

Hi, Mikey. Miss you already!

Oh, no. I’ll miss that crusty character. He’ll always be a hero to us all for saving you, Beck. I’m so sorry you’ve lost your dear friend.

This makes me think of the thread about Dopers we miss.

His was a name I think we all know/knew. He will leave a whole in the Dope.

I will pray for his family and hope they get through this. Beck, if you learn anything else you can share, let us know… Maybe flowers, or a donation to a favored charity?

RIP, Mike.

Oh, I’m so sorry for you and for his family. My sincere condolences.

StG

Aw man. I really liked him.

I’ll miss him and his crustiness, his stories and his general presence here. RIP.