Ominous news about Veronica Mars

The series has been renewed for a second season. But I read today that network executives have several ideas about how the show can be “improved”. This is a bad sign.

For God’s sake, guys, you’re executives at UPN. What would give you the idea that you know anything about what a good series looks like?

I hope one of their ideas for improving it is either to move it off from across from Lost. Or at least continue repeating it on Saturdays so I can still watch.

The show would have to be a lot different this year as the big mysteries that propelled it last season have been solved. I just hope they don’t wreck it. I still haven’t recovered from what was done to She Spies in season 2.

What happened in She Spies season 2?
Back to V.M. I think the rumor was that the big shake up would be a regular’s death.

My bet… Veronica’s dad.

Enrico Colontoni! That’s what you get!

Nooo!

Besides, they could’ve killed him in the finale and it would have fit. I’d have been furious, but it would’ve fit.

There’s some reassurance – and some spoilers – in this interview with Rob Thomas. Read at your own risk, I guess.

Two major rumors that aren’t going to happen: there’ll be no Tara Reid, and no major character death

Jack left the show, they introduced a new boss and a tech nerd, and they made the entire series more… serious. The best thing about the first season was that it was a spoof if the entire spy genre. Making it realistic got rid of the only redeeming feature of the series.

Well, okay, DeeDee was still pretty hot, but that’s about it.