Omnibus Stupid MFers in the news thread (Part 2)

I thought they set up a class A for the event?

18.63.11.19

Ah, I didn’t think of that way to parse it. That’s better.

Either way, after he saw Our American Cousin at Fraud’s Theatre, he could never go 127.0.0.1 again.

I have always fucking hated subnet calculations. My biggest weakness as a network professional.

I used to be okay at IP when I was studying for my MCSE in the early 2000s at least compared to other network stuff. The IP quiz was the easiest test in the qualification battery. The other ones were on Microsoft-specific technology and were a mixture of useful and/or logical questions and trick questions that you would only know the answer they wanted you to give if you’d been thoroughly indoctrinated in Microsoft’s idiosyncratic way of thinking, and thus could detect the plausible red herrings they liked to put in.

Huey, Dewey, and Louie were Drones. Or young ducks.

I seem to remember one of the three little robots getting impatient and tapping its foot while the three of them were helping Bruce Dern in Silent Running.

.

eta: I kept threatening to make my (very young) kids watch it.

Part of my Dad Talk: “Why the First Star Wars Was Amazing: Because Other Sci-Fi was Slow and You Would’ve Said ‘Borrrring!’”

(That talk later became my “Beatles coming after Pat Boone” talk.)

Conveniently, they’re showing Silent Running tomorrow night on TCM!