Omnibus Trolls R Us Thread

Well, somebody’s got to defend the American way against all the big meanies on this board.

I call new poster, Frank Burly, to your attention. Not that his sentiment here is out of line for this board, necessarily, but he escalated, and repeated it. I think he’s got potential.

Trolls get a thread shut down.

Bone may as well just shut down any thread when HD shows up with his passive and unsubstantiated accusations, but the “contributions” of Ají de Gallina, with the repeated “You just proved my point” in response to any criticism of his “argument” amplified the trolling to a whole new level.

It was a shit stupid thread to start with. And did anyone notice that Bone never answered the very interesting points that enipla made in response to his (Bone’s) earlier non-mod post? I’m sure that didn’t contribute to the thread closing.

Oh, I had my response already drafted. But then I went to bed and came back to a shit ton of post reports. It’s a fine line to walk to post and moderate in the same thread so most often I choose to not post to avoid the appearance of badness.

On a related note: How many crap loads are there to a shit ton?

Can’t fault you for that, as you’re usually very good about responding to critical arguments. I note that in addition to enipla’s post #90, similar comments had already been made earlier by HMS Irruncible in post #58 and by me in #69. But I can see that the thread had become a train wreck anyway – in my view mostly due to the usual efforts of trolls like Hurricane Ditka and Ají de Gallina. But let’s be honest about the two sides of the issue here: on one hand, I think most of us (with the exception of the aforementioned trolls) would acknowledge that there is merit to the implied premise of that thread’s OP; there is no end of examples of an unprecedented level of destructive, counterproductive consequences spewing out of this administration like flying debris in a china shop with a rampaging bull in it. I’m not talking about ideological differences here, but just about blatant incompetence and dishonesty. OTOH, objectively the way the OP was phrased was classic well-poisoning.

EDIT: That’s the imperial shit ton, of course. In metric it’s only 41.

I’m generally not one to start threads, but I’d like to see a sequel to the “Can T***pists ever be forgiven?” thread in the pit. The right wing excuses for following that psychopathic fascist in the White House were, as Lincoln put it, as weak as soup made by boiling the shadow of a pigeon that starved to death.

Will the Trumpists show up to discuss it in the Pit?

Given a generously flexible definition of “discuss”, maybe. Sorta kinda.

Wait, 57? A shit ton is steak sauce?

Yeah, no shit, moron.

Re-hinge your leftist insanity, insane leftist!

SbM attempt by Been Jammin was shut down after just about everyone in the thread kicked his ass and Colibri saved it by putting a lid on the festivities. Fucking Colibri, being kind to shitheads.

Linky? What thread?

Crap I forgot the link

I thought brazil84 got banned ages ago, but here he is today, bumping the (now closed) Bridgegate thread.

Been Jammin has been an obnoxious total asshole right from Day 1. His presence here has all the welcoming ambience of a steaming turd in a punch bowl. The question of his exact longevity here could be the basis of a lively betting pool.

I don’t wish to bet, but I’ll toss a coin in the wishing well.