Omnibus Trolls R Us Thread

I was curious about that myself. Not enough to post in that thread, but curious none-the-less.

mrka: troll or fruitcake or both-You decide. By the way, In his first post he claimed

He supposedly has a background like that, and asks questions like this?

I’m not particularly bright or well educated; it’s always a little exciting when a doper does something other than refer to me or my opinions as ignorant. I appreciate your comments.

Crap. I wanted to tell him he needs to get out more. Maybe not bring up all the crazy at a bar with friends. It won’t end well.

It isn’t about “rounding”, it is about arbitrarily choosing beyond which numbers to cut off in a casual mention. I did no “rounding” I simply treated the numbers after that point as if they did not exist. And given that the amount of DNA contributed from each grandparent varies each time a new gamete is created thanks to crossing over, claming that 1.5625 or 1.6 is a meaningful, accurate number and that 1.5 is an insidious attempt at political manipulation (and expressing it with varying font sizes) makes septimus not only mathmetically wrong and scientificly wrong but also look like an insane fucking nutjob.

Initially I was sure he was nutty like fruitcake. His meds seem to be adjusted now, so I’m voting both.

Which everyone with above room temp intelligence has figured out how not to do after about age 8 or so.

Try reading my sentence again, this time for understanding. I specifically wrote that you weren’t rounding. And it’s not that septimus isn’t overreacting or weird, or that 1.6 is the perfect way to represent the uncertain percentage of genes from a distant ancestor, it’s that “arbitrarily choosing beyond which numbers to cut off in a casual mention” is in fact mathematically and scientifically wrong. And posting multiple times to defend the practice of ignoring the common rules is plain weird.

I sometimes have difficulty deciding if someone is a nutjob worthy of pointing out, or has real mental issues and doesn’t deserve ridicule. I have no such difficulty deciding which side of the line mrka falls on. He’s not a troll.

I believe you’re correct.

From the GQ thread
Who was the First Person Fired for Sexual Harassment?

I just knew that false accusations of sexual harassment are a bigger problem than sexual harassment. From the very first case ever!

What about the men? Why aren’t Quartz et al all over this?

Some days it’s just not worth opening those threads. :mad:

I was joking, it was actually a serious GQ thread. It just seemed like such a perfect “what about the men!!!111!” moment.

Who woke the troll?

doorhinge has been warned for trolling.

I do like the precedent set here - warning someone for trolling when what they’re doing is blatantly and obviously lying. :slight_smile:

Very good call by Bone. It’s the second time recently. Consistent with being an unhinged wingnut. Hopefully we’ll soon see the last of him.

Hahahahahaha*<shart>*

(poster shortened)

And Shodan went ahead and picked up the torch.

Is the persecution complex among republicans that they need to break rules to be punished so that they can complain how unfair it is, or what? I really don’t understand the mentality behind his performance art here.