Omnibus Trolls R Us Thread

Scarlett’s Bazongas signed up yesterday, quietly made 13 posts and was banned without fanfare. . .I’m guessing our NJ friend.

mc

He’s so far around it, he can’t even see it from where he’s standing. I’m giving some serious thought to putting him on my Ignore list, because he is barking mad.

Let’s all give a warm welcome to UCBearcats for his brave stance condemning the $500 million judgement against North Korea for its torture and (apparent) homicide of Otto Warmbier.

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=867773

In all fairness, he vehemently denies being a troll. He just, I guess, had no earthly idea that his position might be at all controversial.

I’m beginning to think that the percentage of sociopaths in the human population is a lot higher than previously estimated.

UCB has been around, and annoying, for a while. I used to wonder if he was New Jersey boy.

Not from NJ.

What’s the reference to New Jersey?

In that Warmbier thread, someone made a reference to having proven UCB a liar. Any links?

I’m guessing that multiple socketeer ckalli.

That was Monty. Not sure what he is talking about.

There is a young man(?) with ties to Rutgers who keeps reincarnating himself, or so the theory goes.

Or trolling.

I didn’t think there was much question about that anymore.

:smiley:

I did that long ago, because his pessimism just angers me. But no one is falling for it, and I do wonder if he’s just mentally ill, so I figure the best thing to do is to just ignore him.

It doesn’t really matter to me whether he is trolling, actually believes his stuff, or both.

Is Ultra Vires a troll or just an idiot?

I honestly can’t tell. I mean, even if someone literally jumped in a time machine from the 1950’s, one would expect that they would be capable of absorbing new thoughts and ideas. Like what common words mean in modern context.

An idiot who posts in a manner deliberately designed to attract negative attention is also a troll.

This is like a Paul Simon line.

Hello Straightdope, my old friend
I’ve come to post on you again
Just a sock puppet softly creeping
past the mods whilst they a was sleeping
Cause the drivel that fills up inside my brain
Cant remain
Must post the words of ign’ance

Oh, thanks. I now have a trolling earworm.:wink:

I’ve been Shodanded, nearly branded
Communist 'cause I’m left-handed
That’s the hand they use … well, never mind …