On the closing of the Elon Musk Twitter thread

I never read or posted in the thread in question, but I have been reading this thread with interest.

My 2 cents: think it’s a good sign for the board that the number of “disgusted with Musk” threads may eventually outnumber the “disgusted with trump” threads. :wink: Finally someone edges Donnie aside, amirite?

P.S. The firm modding is one of the best things about the SDMB. I’m sure many here have fled from boards where there was either no modding to speak of or unpredictable/capricious/stupid modding. Our mods are the best.

That’s fine. Current user experience fits the theme of “breaking news” very well.

Thanks!

Thank you. I was following the IMHO thread just to keep abreast of developments. And now one of the usual suspects is sealioning in the Pit thread.

Which only makes me wonder why is it so irresistible to engage them

I was hopeful that the newly-instituted Pit thread would demonstrate our collective ability as posters to keep things productive and more or less on track, but almost immediately after the move to the Pit certain posters couldn’t resist hijacking all over the damn place. It seems to have settled back into being reasonably on topic again. We’ll see what happens. At least there’s an MPSIMS thread now, too.

We talk about EV plans and experience in this thread. What are your electric vehicle plans?

I think it’s worth mentioning that the Pit thread is very active and continues to be an informative place to share information about the Musk/Twitter fiasco. The usual suspects are no longer derailing it and it’s currently back on track (and nothing particularly “vicious” is happening). (Of course this could change at any moment! :stuck_out_tongue:)

Hang on a few minutes; I’ll be right back; I see the LSLSignal glowing against the dark clouds hovering over the Pit. :crazy_face:

Better you than me.

My carefully cultivated mild-mannered Clark Kent persona here is just a ruse. Super-AssholeMan lurks just one costume change away. Sadly, I can’t find a damn phone booth anywhere anymore, and haven’t been able to for years.

So Clark Kent it is. :slight_smile: