Opera browser question

I recently had a website stop loading for me in Opera. Worked great 'til last week. Then I started seeing only html code. Now, it just doesn’t load. Is there some way to block domains in Opera that I’ve accidentally stumbled on? (Even if that’s not my problem, I’d like to know how to do it. My kids can’t seem to not load every bit of spyware out there. ) For the record, it loads fine in IE.

Thanks.

Are you looking to block specific sites? Or set up the hosts file hack so that requests to pernicious advertising sites or pop-ups get redirected to localhost?

No; I’m trying to make it possible to visit the original site in question without having to resort to IE. Blocking other sites would be icing on the cake.

They might be doing something non-standard that works in IE because Microsoft despise standards to which other people have access. If that is the case, you might not be able to view the page. If you don’t want to use IE, try Mozilla or Firebird/Firefox/Name-it-what-you-want-today. Or Netscape.

Or, the site might be like www.msnbc.com and specifically code to deprecate the site for Opera users.

You haven’t mentioned which site you’re trying to access, so I can’t see what you are seeing. Are you getting just a blank page?

Does the page start to load? Do you get, say, the left frame with ads or content and a header frame along the top of the screen but the goodness content in the middle never completes loading?

Is it hanging looking for an ad or an image? Often, if an ad can’t be loaded my browser will sit and wait for it. Short of temporarily turning off images, not much I can do without cheating the hosts file, which isn’t worth it to me.

Interesting… Now it works. Here’s the link. Maybe they just had something happen for a week that prevents viewing by Opera.
Hmmm.