Opps, unposted message.

I asked a question about Pro Wrestling, but it appears that somehow my question never got posted, just the subject. Strange.
Ok, all I asked about was, even though I’m sure it would have some sort of impact, it never seemed to me that being hit across the back with the flat side of a steel folding chair would do that much damage since the weight would be broadly distributed (did that make since ? :confused: )
Kind of like, lay on a nail, and you get poked, but lay on a bed of nails and the weight is distributed, so they won’t go through you. Ok, that was probably a bad analogy, but I’m hoping and praying that you get the point I’m trying to make…or rather the question I’m trying to ask which is, is getting hit on the back with the flat side of a steel chair as bad as pro wrestling makes it look ?

No.
Getting hit in the back (according to the books I’ve read) really isnt that bad. On the other hand, getting hit in the head is apparently a lot more painful than it looks. Your analogy about spreading the weight accross a wide surface is a good one. Most of the “bumps” they take they try to do this. On the other hand, you cant fall 7 feet on to concrete and it not hurt. You cant fake that.
dead0man

Yeah, I know that getting hit on the head would be worst, just like getting hit in the back with the front end of a folding chair would be worse. And yeah, falling 7 feet onto concrete would definitely hurt…if you were conscious.

Yeah, I know that getting hit on the head would be worst, just like getting hit in the back with the front end of a folding chair would be worse. And yeah, falling 7 feet onto concrete would definitely hurt…if you were conscious.