Over 25,000 children v. Brittany Murphy

What will get more attention, the over 25,000 children that died today or rugged-out, anorexic Brittany Murphy dying?

Nice priorities SDMB and America.

No wonder the world hates us.

We deserve it thanks to you.

What is your excuse for caring more about Brittany Murphy than the millions of children that die each year?

Maybe there should be thread for every child that dies. I would start one every three seconds, but I bet because of this board’s fucked-up priorities this would be a violation of some rule. But starting a thread about a drugged-out skank is not. Bullshit.

Hell, I even got sucked into the bullshit. Brittany Murphy deserves no mention until after the children that died today.

I think someone is seeking attention here, and it isn’t a dead actress or a bunch of kids.

A young actress that a lot of people like, died, people are surprised and a thread is started, and you act like asshole in the 3rd post. It’s not like it had been going on for days and days and weeks and months. Why don’t you go into EVERY thread that discusses something other than dead children and express your displeasure? There’s a lot to choose from.

Jerk.

The obsession with celebrities is not uniquely American and it is obviously enourmously stupid.

But… the background noise of deaths in the world isn’t really important either - are we supposed to be in a constant state of grieving?

What will get more attention, the over 25,000 children that died today or Cleveland Steamer?

Nice priorities, Cleveland Steamer.

No wonder the SDMB hates you.

You deserve it thanks to your casual dismissal of a thread which you didn’t even have to read.

What is your excuse for caring more about that thread than the millions of children that die each year?

Maybe there should be thread for every child that dies. I would start one every three seconds, but I bet because of this board’s fucked-up priorities this would be a violation of some rule. But starting a thread about a thread about a celebrity is not. Bullshit.

Hell, I even got sucked into the bullshit. **Cleveland Steamer **deserves no mention until after the children that died today.

This’ll sound callous as all hell, but thousands of children die each day, but Hollywood actresses don’t.

That’s why one is news, and one is just a fact of life.

And beyond that, if 25,000 children didn’t die each day, we’d have even more tremendous problems with poverty, environmental degradation, etc… solely due to population pressure. 9 million more people a year can’t help things, no matter how tragic it sounds if they die as children.

Oh, shut the hell up, asshole. You were trolling and were called on it.

Give CS a break guys. He’s just trying to garner the attention he won’t get when he dies.

If a child died from a Cleveland Steamer it might make the news.

Oh FFS.

The U.S. is hardly the only country that is celebrity obsessed.

And people die everyday. But famous people don’t. So unless those 25k kids died in some sort of tragic accident, it isn’t really news. A famous person dying is news. Maybe that shouldn’t be news either, but it is and and it is the world we live in.

Oh and you didn’t get “sucked in”, you chose to participate. If something is wrong here, you are part of the problem too.

And why haven’t you spent every last penny you have to fight [fill-in-disease-here], instead of spending it on gifts and food and shelter?

Idiot

At the very least, Fark.

They did. It was 25,000 separate backyard swimming-pool drownings.

Well, the Stalin-esque answer that most of the earlier posters have alluded to is that 25,000 people dying is a statistic, while one person’s death is a tragedy. It’s difficult to comprehend that many people dying at once, but put a famous face on death and everyone takes notice.

Not the way things should be, but it is the way humans are programmed to some extent.

Anyway, with the power vested in me by absolutely nobody, I hereby declare The Cleveland Steamer the official “Dead Children Scribe”, with duties to include starting a thread in which he posts the previous day’s dead-children count, that we may be constantly kept apprised of this critical information.

Here a thread the OP started two weeks ago. What kind of fuckstick starts a thread begging for gossip, rumor, and inuendo when 25,000 kids were dying as he was typing out that post?

Now we know what taking a Cleveland Steamer really means. Shithead.

Brittaney Murphy was a really, really hot looking chick. Of course she is more important than all those worthless bug eyed children with flies around their heads.

**Over 25,000 children v. Brittany Murphy **

Man, I know kids are small and such, but if this Brittany Murphy chick can fight 25,000 of them and not only win, but kill them all? Damn, that’s one badass bitch.

Awww, someone is butthurt that they got a moderator smack down. :rolleyes: Thread shitting is still thread shitting whether 25,000 children are involved or not. Man up and accept what you did like an adult.

Who’s Brittany Murphy, again? Never heard of her before.