Overuse of Grape flavored candy

I eat a crapload of candy. Over the years, I’ve noticed that grape seemed to be the most frequently packed flavor and the most frequently overused. I don’t care for grape candy too much, but it’s everywhere. There is grape Skittles, grape Shocktarts, grape Now & Laters, grape Sour Skittles, grape Jolly Ranchers, grape gum, grape Spree, grape Sweettarts, Grapeheads, etc.
If grape is so popular, why is there no grape Life Saver? Why does it seem to be the dominant flavor overall? How do they determine the percentages (if at all) of how flavors are distributed per package… ?

I love grape flavor youre making me hungry!!!

The sdmb has some grapeness in it’s field colorings…

…but who wants tooth marks in their plasma screen??

This post has been graped by the call-backist.[sup]*[/sup]

Peace.

While a factual question, unlikely to find a factual answer.

[sup]*[/sup]Reference here.

It’s really interesting. I love grape flavour along with ** Wonder Woman **. However, it is very rare in the UK. It seems to be a distinctly American taste…kinda like Fruit Roll Ups (I crave them in London).

Indeed, grape flavour is very uncommon here; purple usually denotes blackcurrant.

I’ve noticed the original pack of Life Savers is now touting new flavors and it appears that Grape may be one of them… which kind of invalidates my entire arguement…

However, the presence of grape candy in an assorted roll of candy isn’t so bad, but it seems to be that of the number of pieces in the bag, grape is the most dominant … when i’d like to see more of the pineapple flavors… or raspberry…

anyone interested in helping me do a probability study? when you buy a bag of skittles or whatever… prior to eating them, log the flavors and their quanitity in the bag…

Candy to consider: Skittles, Jolly Ranchers, Shocktarts, Sweettarts, sour skittles, now & laters (assorted bag), spree (all kinds…etc…)… if you are … message me…

What I’d like to know is this: why does grap candy and grape soda not really taste like any grape I’ve every eaten? And why does grape soda turn my stool green?

What I’d like to know is this: why does grape candy and grape soda not really taste like any grape I’ve ever eaten? And why does grape soda turn my stool green?

I think it’s kinda like Orange soda. It doesn’t really taste like orange the fruit. It tastes like I imagine the color would taste. Or maybe that’s because I’ve drank a lot of it.