Why don't they make Grape Pop-Tarts anymore?

Frosted Grape Pop-Tarts – these were my favorite. Am I the only one?

They stopped making them a while ago. Yet they still make Cherry, Blueberry, Strawberry, Raspberry and something called Wild Berry. A couple of these I find utterly disgusting, btw, versus grape. I like the chocolate and brown sugar cinnamon, too, but why no grape? Was I really the only one buying them?

I heard they were talking about something called “Wild Grape” but I haven’t yet seen it anywhere and have no idea what that means, really, so I’ll keep my enthusiasm in check.

It’s not just Pop-Tarts brand, either. The generic brands and other brand “toaster pastries” don’t have grape as far I can find.

What the deal?

We just got a free sample in with the paper of these:

Wild grape ones.

I don’t like grape stuff so I never had the old ones, and my kid ate the sample so I don’t know how they compare, but just wanted to let you know there seems to be hope.

My guess would be that grape Pop-Tarts simply don’t sell as well as the other flavors.

They still make frosted cherry, but for several years I could only find them in the two-packs in convenience stores, not in the larger boxes at the grocery store.

I have noticed a trend for food to become much more violent in recent years.

They’re not really wild. They’re free-range grapes.

Yes, or overly fancy for fancy’s sake. It’s harder and harder everyday to find normal flavored chips in the store. You have to hunt thru the ‘white cheddar’ this and the ‘salt & vinegar’ that. Just give me a freaking regular bag of chips!!!

Honestly, I think the marketing guys just think they have to justify their own existence by creating these “exciting new” flavors. Do they actually believe that regular, straightforward Frosted Grape Pop-Tarts won’t sell, but “Wild” Grape with sprinkles and some green squiggly lines will take the market by storm??

I just find it hard to believe that Grape Pop-Tarts did so poorly, but raspberry and cherry are still around. Guess I should have stocked up when I had the chance!!!

I think I would like grape, too, but I console myself by eating double the amount of Cinnamon Bun. Om nom nom indeed.

They were my favorite, too, and I miss them. One time a couple of years ago, I found a box of them in a bodega. I bought them and took them home, only to find that they were expired and inedible.

They were one of my favorite flavors. I used to be able to buy them occasionally at WalMart but once they stopped selling them, I couldn’t find anywhere else that did.

I like the unfrosted ones. They used to make both unfrosted blueberry and strawberry. I haven’t seen unfrosted blueberry in years. Unfrosted strawberry used to be very common, but even that has started to be hard to find.

I stopped eating pop-tarts about 2 years ago because they cannot be healthy for me in any form. I shouldn’t have read this thread. Now I am jonesing for a frosted cherry pop-tart or 8. :frowning:

Pop Tarts expire? Who knew? :slight_smile:

Why? Cherry is one of the most common flavor additions, along with strawberry. I’d expect either (or both) of those before I would something grape flavored, which seems about as popular as raspberry, and for good reason. They’re both gross.

there are raspberry poptarts??? Off to shop

Blech! I hated the grape ones. That, and I think they had chocolate too, didn’t they? Blech to that too.

Blueberry was okay, but raspberry with frosting was nirvana! I couldn’t figure out why they even bothered with other flavors.

Raspberry Pop-Tarts are awesome. But I miss the Wild Watermelon flavor. They were my favorite and they haven’t made them in years.

I also miss the Orange Cream Pop-Tarts. I first spotted those last year as a “limited edition” flavor and I’ve never seen them since. Of course, that’s my own fault. After trying them, loving them, and realizing they were only stocked at a single grocery store in town, I bought up their entire stock. 30 boxes worth. There’s a box on eBay right now, I’m thinking about buying it.

I miss Grape.

So nice.
So fine.

Especially–the unfrosted ones.

Except that grape is staple jelly for putting on toast, so it’s already accepted as a breakfast flavor.

I never got into the unfrosted ones, though.

When I was in college (late 80s) there was a short run of Peanut Butter and Jelly Pop Tarts that had a striped middle of alternating peanut butter cream/grape filling inside and a peanut butter frosting. I like them. But they didn’t last.

Me too, and I never eat them.

Just so you know, the idea of grape Pop-tarts is disgusting. :stuck_out_tongue: