Owen Wilson attemps suicide!

Didn’t Kate Hudson recently break up with him?

Didn’t Kate Hudson recently break up with him?

Yes, and yes, respectively.

So he’s the “Butterscotch Stallion”? WTF?

You mean you never knew who it was on Page Six, or you didn’t know about the nickname at all? (It was coined by a reader of Defamer’s Hollywood PrivacyWatch and later used in actual print and online ‘blind’ gossip items.

(Tragic, BTW. I’ve heard those brothers go to dark, dark places, especially in relationships. Some were expecting Luke to go off the deep end on the set of Old School.)

cmyk- just curious and no offense, but do you know him personally? I don’t understand the “never would have saw this coming” part, unless you know him? If not, what’s the basis for that?

Needle in the haaaaay…

(They look the same, work with me)

No, I don’t… Just from interviews I’ve seen and his overall vibe, didn’t take him for the depressive type. Maybe because I associate him with Lightning McQueen now? “Kachowww!” But overall, he seemed like a down to earth person, if not an indulgent personality.

I know, it’s naive to think that behavior on the outside is a good indicator what they’re going through on the inside. But, there you have it. Depression can hit anyone.

Some celebrities and people in the spotlight wouldn’t surprise me if they off’d themselves. When Cobain killed himself, a lot of people were in shock, but looking back, it didn’t seem to come out of the blue.

One of my good friends growing up killed himself when he was in his 20s. Never saw that coming.

ETA: I guess what i’m saying, using 20/20 Hindsight glasses, it’s not clear what lead him to this point… he kept it on the inside pretty well as far as the public eye was concerned.

CNN says “Owen Wilson was reported in good condition Monday, a day after he was taken from his home by ambulance, a hospital spokeswoman said.”

“I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time,” the 38-year-old actor said in a statement released through publicist Ina Treciokas.

It wasn’t known why Wilson was hospitalized, but a neighbor said a police car, fire truck and ambulance were outside the actor’s gated house around noon Sunday.

Gotcha. I agree, although you can’t “know” celebrities from their movies, I too thought he seemed pretty upbeat and happy in interviews and whatnot.

But actors are probably acting to a certain extent most of the time in interviews, so I don’t know if that’s a good way to judge either.

Am I a bad person for laughing at this?

Eh…either way, I’m not as bad as you for writing it.

Bingo. I know people who “have it all together” at work or in public; but in private, it’s a whole 'nother story.

I’d say there’s a basis for that, just based on his public persona.
Not that anyone really knows, but take this as an example.

Lindsay Lohan Attempts Suicide!

OK, who here, if they read that headline wouldn’t think to themselves: “hmmm, that totally surprise me?”

I think the point is, Owen Wilson AFAIK hasn’t had a history of this type of behavior; and the media is usually on these celebs asses so much, a lot of their negative private life is known. So I agree with the sentiment; it surprised me.

That was actually the first thing that went through my mind. (I’m a bad, bad person)

Damnit! What did I miss?

(Maybe) a movie called The Royal Tenenbaums. Explainatory Youtube link.

Bold prediction: He’ll come out and say it wasn’t suicide and blame the media for blowing it out of proportion. Like Terrell Owens and Chapelle (sort of).

Poor guy, if it’s true.

Ahh I forgot that was the song playing for that scene, I actually thought the Needle in the Hay reference was about Elliott Smith, who sings that song, who killed himself a few years ago… they dont really look alike, but they actually do sort of in some ways i suppose, both have odd schnozzes