Palace at Versailles: Google Earth oddity

At the Parterre d’Eau in the Gardens of Versailles, there appears to be a very large skeleton lying between the pools as seen in the satellite photo at Google maps. I can’t find any reference to it at all.

So, what is it?

I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of it being an internet prank. How did you learn of it?

Well, I was just reading this thread about impressive sites and The Shroud mentioned the palace, so I thought I’d go check it out on Google maps. I was just scrolling around and noticed it, thought it looked odd, zoomed in a little more, and there it was.

ETA: How does one pull a prank on Google maps?

2nd result for a google search of ‘skeleton versailles’

Thank you! I searched and found nothing!

I recognize that name, too. I can see why the guy responsible is an ex-minister. What a dumbass! Koons’ art is ho-hum (giant balloon animals?!) at best and downright creepy at worst.

I have to admit, though, neat effect in the age of Google satellite images.

I found a picture of it at ground level, too. :rolleyes:

Koons isn’t exactly an unknown artist. Anyway he made this which I think is wonderful.

YAAAAGGH! I had to look! <shudder> yaaghh!

Internet prank, Jeff Koons prank. Not much difference, really.

I enjoy Google’s street view, but never really bothered with Google Earth. A friend of mine is captured forever jaywalking across the street in front of my old workplace.

Heh. Come to think of it, that might be the answer to Brown Eyed Girl’s question (“How does one pull a prank on Google maps?”)

Here’s a slightly more vulgar Google Maps artwork/prank.

Aw, c’mon—it’s just Michael Jackson and his pet monkey, isn’t it? Haven’t you ever seen a pedophile in gold pajamas holding a simian and thought to yourself “now that’s a statuesque pose”?