Paris Hilton will have to get a real job now

Granpapa is cutting her off.

Nice to know someone in that family has some sense.

Not quite. I don’t have a cite, but I’ve seen it in several articles and tv programs that she’s made more money on her own than what her inheritance was going to be. Don’t forget, Daddy is worth a nice sum, too.

But he ain’t kickin’ it anytime soon.

Still, I’m a little surprised that Gran’ Pappy’s contribution to her wealth was to be a ‘mere’ US$60M - they way she parties, one’d think all US$2.4B were her own to spend.

shrug
As said, she’s probably gotten more than that in her own right, anyway. And if she’s ever feeling desitute, she can invite Howard Stern to do a Pay-Per-View drunken orgie broadcast from one of her parties.

Well, that’s money she earned. I don’t know if she was planning on that extra $60 mil or not while she’s working out her finances.

Is she still an heiress?

One supposes, though no longer to the Hilton Fortune.[sup]TM[/sup]*

Unless her parents disown her.

*It’s the Hilton Fortune[sup]TM[/sup] that always has the press in a tizzy. One might hope that she’d fade from prominace now, though I suppose it’s too late for that.

When her storage unit was auctioned off, there were bunches of letters from financial advisors and her father, talking about her various investments and stuff. She’s pretty secured, it seems. Her dad (who in several letters mentioned personally funding things like her perfume venture and such) seems to be the one truly working out her finances.

Plus, remember that Paris doesn’t have to pay for those parties she goes to, the clothes she wears, or probably even the cars she drives. Celebrities get so much crap for free that it boggles the mind.

Well my maid has been doing a so so job lately. I’d be willing to hire her AND I’ll provide the uniforms.

Suit yourself, I wouldn’t supply a uniform at all. Of course she would be expected to work in the uniform I didn’t provide.

“According to Forbes Magazine, Hilton earned approximately $2 million in 2003–2004, $6.5 million in 2004–2005, and $7 million in 2005–2006.”

Wonder how much she spends though. Regardless, a free $60 mil is gonna hurt.

Does the article mean that gramps is cutting off all relatives, or just Paris?

Apparently, the story isn’t true.

That’s a funny way to spell “airhead.” I’ll never understand American spelling.

This article says all eleven grandchildren just got disinherited. I suppose we can wait for an official release to the press from Barron himself?

With all due respect to your personal tastes, :dubious:

What’s happening with Barron? Is he really expected to kick the bucket that soon?

Well, apparently you can take it with you. Kicking all the inheritors out…very nice.
Only thing worse than a crotchety old guy is a crotchety old guy with a ton of money.

Would the crotchety old guy just happened to have become smitten with a buxom young blonde recently?

He’s not taking it with him, he is (Apparently/maybe) giving all the billions he will get from the sale of the hotel chain to charity.