Parks & Recreation 2/9 (open spoilers)

Please tell me I’m not the only one watching this!

Amy Poehler must be 6 months pregnant and not addressing it makes me a little distracted.

Nevertheless, Ron continues to be the funniest character on TV. His scenes with his (IRL) wife Tammy make me laugh so hard I cry. The cornrows and kimono were priceless.

I thought I was having an asthma attack when they showed them in jail.

I’m actually hoping the romance with Ben and Leslie goes somewhere.

Last week’s recital of the town’s slogans was tear-inducing: “Pawnee: The Paris of America.” “Pawnee: The Akron of Southwest Indiana.” “Pawnee: Welcome German soldiers.” After the Nazis took France, our mayor kind of panicked. “Pawnee: The Factory Fire Capital of America.” “Pawnee: Welcome Vietnamese Soldiers.” “Pawnee: Engage with Zorp.” For a brief time in the 70’s, our town was taken over by a cult. “Pawnee: Zorp is Dead. Long Live Zorp.” “Pawnee: It’s Safe To Be Here Now.” “Pawnee: Birthplace of Julia Roberts.” That was a lie, she sued, and so we had to change it. “Pawnee: Home of the World Famous Julia Roberts Lawsuit.” “Pawnee: Welcome Taliban Soldiers.” And finally, our current slogan, “Pawnee: First in Friendship, Fourth in Obesity.”

Doubtful, considering she gave birth last August.

The show is filmed in real time. It’s also a mid-season replacement, so it was filmed in the summer.

I feel like making a few “If you’re watching this, you’re an idiot” videos for my future self.

Because of Poehler’s pregnancy, they filmed the first six episodes of this season immediately after they wrapped last season, thinking they’d be back in the Fall. NBC shelved it until now, making the work-around moot, but we ended up with some really strong episodes to start the season which may be helped by the writers/actors being able to ride last season’s momentum into the beginning of this one.

I thought that too!

This show is no doubt a gem most of the time.

I about lost it when the cops were recapping what happened.

“Real piece of work”

This show is awesome. Seriously, if they keep it up to this level, it might become my favorite all-time sitcom.

He didn’t shave the moustache, oh my! :eek:

Jerky?

I will never stop laughing at Ron’s cornrows. Never. On my deathbed I will laugh at that image.

I loved everything about this episode. The police-speak was right on target to anyone who has read an incident report. Megan Mullally was used in just the right amount, and her kicking Tom’s ass was hilarious (never truly realized how small he was before!). “Don’t be such a Jerry,” Jerry giving an interven/recep-tion gift, and then the reveal of him at the library - perfect.

And I’m a big fan of the Ben/Leslie arc. I like how they’re playing it out slowly.