PC gamers...what are you playing these days?

Replaying through Tank Universal, very fun indie game. Anxiously awaiting the engineer update for TF2, hope he gets to build some kind of a robot.

I started playing Allegiance Online again and Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries. Both are free multiplayer online games. The graphics are dated but the hours just seem to fly by with those games.

Loved Risen!!! Combat was very unforgiving, I actually had to try. What a concept!!
Gothic 4 should be out soon, I hope the combat is similar.
Ive never played previous Gothic titles. I have a copy of gothic 3 but heard it was extremely buggy. Anyone know if there are some decent updates that fix the bugginess?
I need a Gothic fix and would love to finally play it.

Ooooh, must look into this then. I simply loved the Gothic games, despite all of their bugginess and frustrating control schemes. Just something about the concept struck a cord with me, almost like a hardcore version of Morrowind/Oblivion.

FWIW, Risen is very, very much like Gothic 2. Same factions, same quests, even the enemies feel really familiar. I played Gothic 2 too much to really enjoy Risen, as it really felt like playing the same game again, especially as it didn’t have the same nostalgic appeal (half of Gothic 2 is played in the world of Gothic 1, but after it was half-destroyed by your actions in that game. The NPCs from 1 also play key roles in 2)

I’ve never been into the FPS games (I found Far Cry to be stupid hard for example) so mine are kind of old but still fun:

Saints Row 2. Everything the Grand Theft Auto games should have been with none of the “fun-stifling realism” of GTA4. This game is insanely fun, right from the first level to the end. Outside of the storyline missions there’s tons of activities to keep you amused.

GTA: Vice City. The best of the GTA games in my opinion. It’s a short storyline (you can conquer the game in about eight hours if you’re in a hurry) but lots of fun. The only drawback is that your character dies on touching water that goes past his waist and the game is set on a series of islands.

Command and Conquer Yuri’s Revenge. I play the same skirmish over and over. I can’t remember the title of it but it’s a small map with a tiny lake in the middle. I can absolutely dominate this map and with random crates appearing I can often fill my side of the map with hardware from every arsenal. The last time I played this one I fought for half an hour and took zero casualties, using two firepower-upgraded tanks to do most of the damage.

Need for Speed Underground. The game looks good and you can play about 50-60 missions before it actually starts getting difficult. Underground 2 was fun as well but was a little more intricate. NFSU is just fun right from the start, especially blowing away these massive V6s and V8s with a tricked out Mazda Miata!

The original Aliens Vs Predator (gold) has been re-released to play on modern operating systems for only $4.95. I am in heaven , this was my favorite PC game and I was seeking for a long time to make AvP XP compatible.