peeing with a tampon in

Bingo. I’ve tried Instead and damned if that thing just does not fit me. My daughter uses it and loves it, but I can *not *get that thing to pop correctly into position behind my pubic bone. I haven’t tried a Diva Cup because tampons are fine for me except that you can’t have sex with one in, which you also can’t do with a Diva Cup, so whatever.

I’ve never had any problem with peeing on my tampon string. I mean, you’re wearing underwear and probably pants over the course of the day, right? The thing’s not hanging straight down, it tends to tuck itself up inside the many folds of the labia. I generally don’t pee all over myself, so no problem.

Because I was traumatized when one of them leaked. When a pad or tampon leaks, it’s a dribble that your panties can absorb. You run to the terlet with a change of supplies and everything’s usually alright.

But when a cup of blood leaks, you have Carrie-at-the-Prom in your pants.

Then there’s the awkwardness of pulling out a cup of blood without spilling it on yourself and on the floor.

And not to mention, the frustration of insertion, the constant worrying about it being positioned correctly, and the mortal fear when you can’t remove it.

Pads and tampons don’t generate confusion, worry, and fear in me. When you can produce a menstrual cup that meets this criterion, I will join the club.

Goddamn brilliant.

I’ve been using a menstrual cup for 8 years now and have not had any of those problems. I just make sure to take it out and empty it over the toilet. My menstrual cup has been a life changer for me, but YMMV.

Oh, I’m so glad this thread isn’t what I had thought, by the title . . . someone who thought women peed out of their vagina. Yes, we’ve had people like that . . . some of them women.

HAHA! I hadn’t even considered that, but now I can’t unsee it.

I’m not even sure those are available here; definitely not in the supermarket.

Yep, that’s what I do too. No pee smell.

That’s what I thought too and I came in here all prepared to be obnoxious :smiley:

The last year that I needed menstrual products I used a diva cup and it really changed my life. The first couple months were … challenging but after I had the procedure down pat it was a dream.

If she’d prefer to stick with tampons however the tucking of the string is the easiest option. I usually tucked it backwards between ass cheeks. In the obvious situations it was simple to move it forwards instead.

They’re reusable and not many retail outlets carry them (mostly hippy granola type stores). I ordered mine online at the request of my doctor who needed to estimate my blood output and it was a huge contributor to getting to a final diagnosis and eventually to the removal of organs rendering it unnecessary. Circle of life :slight_smile:

Diva cup is the one I used but Moon cup is probably more available in Europe.

Finally an excuse to post the funniest Amazon review I’ve ever read :slight_smile:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R39TB4HUVK8Z6/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=b3ta-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957

That was great! I don’t know how you ran into it, but thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

You poor, poor thing. :frowning: I forgot that men were such delicate creatures with weak constitutions. Clearly reading a discussion regarding issues in menstruation that women have to actually deal with ~every month is just too much. {{{{{ hugs }}}}}

Cups are not recommended if you have an IUD; there’s a slight vacuum created when you get a good seal, which can increase the chances of the IUD either being expelled or pulled out of proper positioning. I know there are women with IUDs who use cups and have been fine, but when an IUD insertion cost me $600, it’s not a risk I want to take.

[sub]BTW, Instead cups are WAY different than Diva/Mooncup/Keepers, not just in terms of positioning. Instead have a wide, thick band (flexible but firm) at the opening with an unstretchy plastic pouch and are intended to be single use. The others are a single piece of rubber/latex/silicone and are way more flexible than the Instead. If you tried Instead and hated them, you still might like the other options.[/sub]

This will probably be the second most TMI post I’ve ever made (after the pics of my IUD).

Since having children, I can’t stand the string hanging out - it’s really irritating. So I always just tuck it up inside, against the bottom of the tampon. I never have any problem getting it out - if I bear down, I could probably grab the tampon itself and remove, never mind getting to the string.

I have to agree that menstrual cups have drawbacks. I used an Instead this morning, but I have a bad cough. That’s enough to dislodge it, and of course when I was done taking it out and using 8 yards of toilet paper to contain it, my hand was covered in blood and the bathroom stall smelled like a slaughterhouse.

I have tried to use a Diva, but no matter where I position it or how short I trim the stem, it stabs me in the vag when I sit down or move the wrong way.

Damn, it’s good to have a dick.

Yay for prostate exams! :confused:

You take the good, you take the bad.
You take 'em both, and there you have
The facts of life.

Thank you for that! I nearly bit my finger off trying to be quiet, that’s freaking hilarious.

I’ve heard of women thrown out of the house as teens as late as the 70’s here because loud pissing=sexually active apparently, ditto for claims of cheating. Loud urination = sex :rolleyes:

Oh.My.God. I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time!