People who don't tip

[QUOTE=OpalCat]
Wow, you can’t see the difference between those lists? You’re even dumber than I thought.

As for 18 being “a kid” what the hell difference does that make? I had to pay my rent and bills just like everyone else. I didn’t have mommy or daddy helping me out financially.

I have to say, interacting with you is like beating oneself in the head with a meat tenderizer. I’m gonna have to bow out before I choke on my own vomit or something.
[/QUOTE]

OK, you’re a complete and utter idiot. Conversation with you is over.

[QUOTE=DudleyGarrett]
And you’re delivering pizzas? Why, dickface?
[/QUOTE]

Because security clearances don’t go through overnight. So I work my mouth-breathing pizza delivery gig, as well as a more nose-breathing research job for a local think-tank to pay the rent until I get hired for a grown-up job.

[QUOTE=CynicalGabe]
Because security clearances don’t go through overnight. So I work my mouth-breathing pizza delivery gig, as well as a more nose-breathing research job for a local think-tank to pay the rent until I get hired for a grown-up job.
[/QUOTE]

Well, good luck to you then. Hopefully you’ll find something soon that relates to your education.

Security clearances can be a bitch, yeah. I spent the better part of a year cleaning up cigarette butts, mowing lawns, and raking leaves until mine was completed.

[QUOTE=DudleyGarrett]
If you have the smarts to be doing something better, AND YOU DON’T LIKE WHAT YOU’RE DOING OR IT HAS QUALITIES THAT YOU CAN’T LIVE WITH*, fuck you, go out and get a better job.

If you don’t have the smarts to do something better, AND YOU DON’T LIKE WHAT YOU’RE DOING OR IT HAS QUALITIES THAT YOU CAN’T LIVE WITH*, fuck you for not being educated.

  • a quality being that your wages could be truncated through no fault of your own
    [/QUOTE]
    Look, dude, nobody is saying that pizza delivery drivers or waitrons should throw a hissy fit if they don’t get tipped. The issue is YOU. Your behavior. Your personal choice to use services that expect tips, then withholding tips and making excuses for it.

Yes, in the abstract, a janitor realizes he has to clean up messes. That doesn’t make you less of an asshole for pooping in the urinal.

Shit, Dudley, be honest with us: You don’t tip 'cause you can’t afford it. You get your $20 allowance and you look at that $12 tab that you and your date ran up at Shoney’s and you think “Hell, if I tip I won’t be able to buy a soda at the dollar theater.”

[QUOTE=fluiddruid]
Look, dude, nobody is saying that pizza delivery drivers or waitrons should throw a hissy fit if they don’t get tip. The issue is YOU. Your behavior. Personally.

[/QUOTE]

Ick. Lighten up.

[QUOTE=DudleyGarrett]
Ick. Lighten up.
[/QUOTE]
Me? I’m not the one withholding two bucks from a working stiff.

[QUOTE=DudleyGarrett]

What is the relevant difference between your list and mine?
[/QUOTE]

Well, I’m not Opal, but I have to say that I did spot some significant differences between your list and hers. Hers mentions that are quite often many other tasks beyond those you have enunciated which fall under a typical delivery person’s ken.

Specifically, food preparation and cleaning duties. Now, where I worked, I didn’t have to make pizzas, but I did have to help out answering the phones from time to time. Plus, believe it or not, there is actually quite a bit of spatial reasoning and strategic sequencing involved in running an efficient delivery operation. In a city of 90,000 people, if you have only 3 drivers available, someone at the shop sure as hell better be able to figure out an efficient plan of delivery. Because it doesn’t just happen by itself.

[QUOTE=JohnT]
Shit, Dudley, be honest with us: You don’t tip 'cause you can’t afford it. You get your $20 allowance and you look at that $12 tab that you and your date ran up at Shoney’s and you think “Hell, if I tip I won’t be able to buy a soda at the dollar theater.”
[/QUOTE]

You’ve nailed it and I’ve been exposed.

But I’ve been pressuring Mom and Dad to give me extra cash, you know, for a tip. I feel I’m entitled, after all it’s not my fault that it’s the system they’ve established. I’m just stuck in it. :frowning:

Yeah, it’s a rum old world, buddy. :frowning:

Thanks for coming clean.

[QUOTE=fluiddruid]
Me? I’m not the one withholding two bucks from a working stiff.
[/QUOTE]

Nice. Now they’re working “stiffs.” At least I didn’t go that low.

Pizza Transportation Specialists is the preferred term.

[QUOTE=DudleyGarrett]
Nice. Now they’re working “stiffs.” At least I didn’t go that low.

Pizza Transportation Specialists is the preferred term.
[/QUOTE]

Fuck you.

[QUOTE=Fuji]
Well, I’m not Opal, but I have to say that I did spot some significant differences between your list and hers. Hers mentions that are quite often many other tasks beyond those you have enunciated which fall under a typical delivery person’s ken.

Specifically, food preparation and cleaning duties. Now, where I worked, I didn’t have to make pizzas, but I did have to help out answering the phones from time to time. Plus, believe it or not, there is actually quite a bit of spatial reasoning and strategic sequencing involved in running an efficient delivery operation. In a city of 90,000 people, if you have only 3 drivers available, someone at the shop sure as hell better be able to figure out an efficient plan of delivery. Because it doesn’t just happen by itself.
[/QUOTE]

I noticed all that. But how is that relevant?

I mean, I don’t tip the preparers, dishwashers, or phone-answerers when I got to pick up the pizza.

Or should I be?

[QUOTE=Fuji]
Fuck you.
[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry, did I say something to offend? Or do you prefer “working stiff?”

[QUOTE=DudleyGarrett]
I’m sorry, did I say something to offend? Or do you prefer “working stiff?”
[/QUOTE]

You used a deliberately denigrating and insulting term to refer to pizza delivery people.

Come on.

I’d rather have my stiff working than not.

Know whutta mean?

[QUOTE=CynicalGabe]
I’d rather have my stiff working than not.

Know whutta mean?
[/QUOTE]

Vern?

[QUOTE=CynicalGabe]
Because security clearances don’t go through overnight. So I work my mouth-breathing pizza delivery gig, as well as a more nose-breathing research job for a local think-tank to pay the rent until I get hired for a grown-up job.
[/QUOTE]

I was pulling in about $40k (relatively) tax-free when I delivered pizzas.

-Joe

[QUOTE=Merijeek]
I was pulling in about $40k (relatively) tax-free when I delivered pizzas.

-Joe
[/QUOTE]

Like I said, it’s not a bad job…

[QUOTE=Fuji]
Like I said, it’s not a bad job…
[/QUOTE]

Oh, and it was always arranged that I had a pizza or two to take home at the end of the night.

Gawrsh, I wish I’d managed to get a job picking up cigarette butts instead. That would have made me a real person, like Pinnocchio!

-Joe