People with unfortunate names

There was a pediatrician in town that encompassed three comics/cartoons: April Tin Tin Moe

And then there’s always Frank Zappa’s kids: Dweezil(m) and Moon Unit(f).

My dad works at the hospital with a Dr. Payne. His labcoat has made many a Halloween costume.

There was a kid in my film class named Chris Saunt.

In my graduating class, there were three Mikes: Mike Knapp, Mike Sleep, and Mike Pillow.

Hey, them’s my kids :smiley:

OK, only their “prerelease names” fortunately. I’m not that cruel. Really. But we had to stop at 2… I think the next Zappa is named “Achmed” and that sounded far too normal…

Neither Moon Unit nor Dweezil was delivered by famous local gynecologist, Dr. Harry Beaver. Yes, that is the man’s name. A friend of mine met him once and had to leave the room to avoid laughing in the poor man’s face :eek:

Also forgot about a member of the “Y” where I used to work. An older Korean lady…Duk Kwak.

Who lived on Chicken Valley Road.

From the law library annals…

Harry Dickhaus
Girlie Anne Harrell

and my all-time favorite:

Leroy Bourgeoise

Oh god, the irony, now I’m all giggly again.

The other two Zappa kids were named Ahmet Rodan (m) and Diva (f).

F_X

Twins Harry and Larry Dick
Rose Bush (she married into that one)
Jim Beam

only one i can remember was ‘dick cox’, a patient at the VA…

Our careers teacher at JHS was called Mr Balls, and everyone, teachers included, called him Mr I.Balls, as that was his initial, too. WHAT were the man’s parents thinking??

And in my Japanese office, the Forestry department at one point had on its staff:

Mr Tachiki (Standing Tree)
Mrs Kobayashi (Little Wood)
Mr Hayashi (Wood) and
Mr Mori (Forest) and
Mr Omori (Big Forest)

Highly appropriate!

When I was in the Army, my company commander, Captain Sandy White (neither of these colors would describe her), was dating another officer from another unit, a Captain Dick (first name unknown). Captain Dick got promoted to, you guessed it, Major Dick. I never actually met the man so I cannot say if it was a fitting appelation.

Later Captain White and Major Dick got married. I never found out if she kept both names.

I also attended basic training with a Private Major. I’ll bet it was even more funny when he made E-5.

Regardless if she kept it or not, I would’ve loved to have seen that engagement/wedding announcement in the paper.

I used to work with a woman named Candy who married a man whose last name was Korn.

We have a Harry Lipps where I live. I work with a guy named Donald Dick. There are also several people with the name Butts where I work. We even had an Anita Dick at one time.
Thank goodness I never got saddled with one of those names. :eek:

Dick Handler.

Lik Kok (ran across his name at an internship).

My mom knew a Coralie Fishpool.

I know a Linsey Kornfield, who married into the name Kornfield. To appreciate this, you must also know that there is a farming town near Toronto named Lindsay, which is pronounced the same.

I still feel pity for the Toronto computer-company executive named Osama Arafat.

My son’s teacher is “Miss Bitch”

There was this kid my brother knew in high school… he must have gotten teased about his name somewhere down the line: Jack Wang.

F_X

My cousin years ago named a baby boy (who died shortly after birth, and I swear it was from the moniker she hung on him) after two dear family friends. Yes, that poor child would have gone through this world with the name Bracken Waxy Ball.

I also went to high school with Merry Christmas, of the Trees family. Her father was Pine Forrest Trees and one brother was Jack Pine Trees. I don’t remember the rest of the clan, but they were all similarly woodsy.

One of the few advantages of going through school with “Dickson” as a suname is that you never get teased about your first names. :wink:

(Course, it could have been different if my folks had decided to name me “Richard”. Thank heavens for small mercies).

Some names I encountered when working as the decision editor for my state’s public utilities commission:

The plaintiff’s name in a customer complaint case: “Mia Matress”.

Then there were the two women in Provincetown who filed for a license to run a waste disposal business. They named their company “Small Town Trash”.

And my favorite company name, from a filing with the department’s common carrier division, chosen by a towing company with maybe a tetch too much honesty: “Call and Wait Auto”.