Persephone Loses Her Jaegermesiter Virginity

I’ve know for years. We did our own experiments in college. Tried water, Kool-aid, etc. Gatorade always worked best.

Found out about Pedialyte by mistake. A couple of years back, I had a few too many and had to keep babyjesus the next day. He’d been sick and we’d been giving it to him. It was the only thing cold in the fridge and I gulped it down (go with the flavored one, trust me) and about an hour later, I felt almost peachy. Use the generic. It works just as well at half the price, and even that’s not real cheap.

Oooohhh, Persephone: Jaegy and Ouzo at the same time? Yerk! That’s abit much for the old brainpan. But if it was in good company, worth the post-gusto vicegrips.

I remember ferrying a German visitor around New Orleans, and seeing a big Jaegermeister billboard ad. He couldn’t stop laughing, because it was the equivalent of an American seeing a billboard for Richard’s Wild Irish Rose in Europe.

“Acchh, it’s so bad no one will drink it in Germany, so now they can unload it here!”, were his words.

For electrolyte replacement, my choice is Emergen-C, which comes in little packets to be dissolved in water, and containes a whopping dose of vitamin C, B vites, etc, and makes water much tastier and easier to drink. I usually add a little salt and honey. And try to do this before you go to sleep, or at least put the tall glass next to the bed, so it’s readily available in the wee hours of need.

Hey, girl, I finally found that thread you spoke about in your email! You’re a braver one than I am, lass. Never had Jager (yet). However, my trip to New Orleans with my crazy girlfriend is coming up in April so maybe I’ll have a story.

Anyway, I was over at my dad’s last night and saw all these bottles on his counter filled with purple fluid. “what’s this,” I ask. “Why, that is grape cordial, my dear,” dear ol’ dad replys.

Turns out he and his girlfriend got a recipe out of an old cookbook and harvested his Concord grapes, ran them through a Squeezo, mixed three cups of grapes with three cups of sugar and a fifth of vodka! It’s definately for sipping! But, yummers, its good!!

Uncle, that’s not a quote I was associating with a food/drink thread! :wink:

My favorite Jaeger concoction is Liquid Cocaine–equal parts Jaeger, Rumpleminze, and Bacardi 151. Served ice cold, in a shot glass. (It’s like a Vulcan Mind Probe with more 151 and without the fire.)

This is deceptively smooth. We once had a party where we mixed up three wine bottles full of Liquid Cocaine and gave everyone a shot as they came in. Many downed it and asked for another before inquiring as to what was in it. Most were rather surprised to find out. Hell of a party, at least what I remember of it.

Dr. J

I’d pay you BIG money for a bottle of the Kuemerling. I started drinking it whilst stationed in Germany and have never been able to get it over here.

I never understood the pull of Jaeger.
And the other drink is BarenJaeger or bear hunter. It’s a 70 proof honey liquer, similar to the Wild Turkey liquer. It’s best used for covering porkchops and hams while cooking, allthough drinking it isn’t as bad as Jaeger.

For those of you who do like evil shots, may I recomend

The Four Horsemen

Equal parts

Rumpleminz
JaegerMeister
GoldShlager
Bacardi 151
it doesn’t taste to bad.

For those of you who are wimps

Melon Ball

Equal parts

GoldShlager
JaegerMeister
Melon Liquer (usually Marie Brizzard)

Tastes just like watermelon, but has quite the kick.
of course for serious people

Statue of Liberty

Fill one shot glass with Bacardi 151
Dip finger in shot glass
Light finger on fire
Raise finger above head
Take Shot
Repeat.

God I haven’t even ** heard ** of anyone who’s had that stuff before. My grandma kept some with her for “medicinal purposes”. Kinda like the snake bite ya know??? brrrrr.
of course, I was only in my teens when I tasted it. It can’t possibly be as bad as I recall, can it?

xploder: Thanks, Bill. You would have to mention the Hot Damn. I was trying desperately to forget.

I do feel much better today, although several of my friends at work looked at me with shock and horror when I told them what I’d been drinking. Well, the women, anyway. The men just looked at me and said “Oooh. Where was I while you were getting that toasted?”

UncleBeer: That sandwich/drink combo does sound most excellent. But I’ve also got to agree with BunnyGirl on the “de-fucking-licious” remark. :slight_smile:

elelle: Yep, the company was great. Great music, great food (this place serves the Shrimp Scampi of the Gods, I swear), and an all around totally awesome time. :smiley: Can’t wait to do it again!

No probs Cristi…and as for the food of the Ghods…do you remember that we actually LEFT our leftovers there yet AGAIN???

Sheesh…

Ah Jag…I remember a time, some time ago, when a friend and I went to a little bar in a bowling alley here in Fargo. Think it was called “Shooters.” Anyway, we went there because they were offering some special on Jag shots. We order up two each, and the bartender tells us that he was out of shot glasses and would these here plastic tumblers do ok? We say ok, so he fills em all about half way up and says “Well that looks like about a shot.” My friend and I exchange happy glances, pay the man (with a big tip,)and each down one. After much gasping, I look at him and say, “We should call this drink a ‘car door.’” “Why?” “Because it felt like I was just slammed in one!” The rest of the night is a fog.

I avoid Jagameister now.