Phrases that appear dirty - but actually aren't

If you integrate the number e raised to the x power, it looks like you’re spelling “sex”…hehehe…dirty mathematicians. It makes me giggle whenever I see it.

Also, in rugby, one of the positions is the hooker and sometimes, if you’re lucky, you get to ruck the hooker.

-Mosquito

My sister is a Stimulation Engineer. Which of course means she figures out how to get more oil out of the ground.

When metals are tested in tension, elongation after necking can be significant.

Also, today I managed to work the phrase “Stiffness Between Balls” into a structural analysis report.

Yes, folks, I get paid to come up with this kind of stuff.

Two brands of concrete pump trucks are Schwing and Putzmeister, which may not be dirty, but at least are funny.

Rode hard, and put up wet.

My wife has a fabulous clivia.

It is blooming now as a matter of fact.

The cut of meat on a pig just abouve the front leg, is called the Boston Butt. A brisket comes from the Chest of the cow. Dry spices applied to meat before cooking are called a rub. Some people like cooking one large Boston butt than than two smaller ones. This leads to posts on BBQ message boards like:
Rubbing my butt
Rubbing my chest
As fine a chest, as I ever saw
and of course the ever popular
I like big butts

In climbing, you belay your partner.

Has anyone here ever watched ‘Are you Being Served’? It was always funny when Mrs. Slocombe talked about her pussy. :smiley:

~YT has a sudden urge to watch old British comedy.

Reminds me of this one

The angle of the dangle
+The square of the hair

The Heat of the Meat

My favorite has always been . . . stump grinding.
The law firm where I work does a lot of artificial stucco litigation and when repairs to our clients’ homes are done, “bad” stucco must be removed and “good” stucco must be put on the homes. Our paralegals have to witness this process for some reason, so they let us know their whereabouts by sending out emails saying “Going to strip and reclad.” *Always * cracks me up!
The University of South Carolina’s football team is known as the “Gamecocks,” so all around the state you can see bumper stickers that read:

“You can’t lick our 'Cocks!” and “Our 'Cocks are up and coming!”

and the cheer “Go 'Cocks!” is even part of the school song!!

What a state we’re in!

Forgot about this one! In a golf course practice area.

Anyone removing golf balls from the course will have their balls removed.
OUCCCCHHHH!

~YT giggling.

‘Victoria Regina’ (a hotel in Peru)
‘acute angina’
‘I want it on my desk by five o’clock.’ (Who doesn’t?)

We went out for wings this evening with a friend who convocated this afternoon. There were fourteen of them convocating, apparently.

Who can forget the internet classic of the newslady admonishing the weatherman; “Where’s that eight inches you promised me last night?”

“Ward, weren’t you a little rough on the Beaver last night”

Santa came down the chimney

This past winter one of the other posters on Fathom was complaining about the lack of snow in her area. I responded by telling her that I had eight inches I could send her. The resulting discussion on delivery methods was an interesting study in innuendo and double-entendre.

As were the comments when I announced the next day that I now had ten inches to send her.

I almost choked on my ice cream last night over this one: I was learning a new card game and Cub Hubby played a wild card, a Jack. Our daughter said “that was interesting. Sort of a premature Jack…usage.” That was when I lost it.

I always snicker over Rigid Tools and Snap-on Tools. I’d love to steal a truck and repaint it as “Strap-on Tools” and see if anybody notices.

I once had to do a project based on circumscribing circles. I had to read through that one carefully before handing it in…

A different sort of innuendo, but it amuses me nonetheless. A while back, there was an advert for a snowboarding video game that got banned because it sounded like a celebration of cocaine. It’s not hard to see where the problem arises: Cutting lines in the white powder, getting high off kickers, floating on the powder, etc…

SCUBA Diving is full of innuendos, mainly because it’s one of the few activities where going down is a good thing.

[QUOTE=Soylent Gene]
“Ward, weren’t you a little rough on the Beaver last night”

[quote]
That a UL, or did June actually say that on the show?

Johnny Mercer, who usually knew better, wrote a song in 1935 called Santa Claus Came in the Spring.
Don’t drink the water at the North Pole.

That a UL, or did June actually say that on the show?

Johnny Mercer, who usually knew better, wrote a song in 1935 called Santa Claus Came in the Spring.
Don’t drink the water at the North Pole.