Pimp My Scooter!

So, yet another sign that life is in no way too short – enough parts of my body have worn out to the point where I now need a mobility scooter to get between buildings at work. Now granted, these buildings are about 150 yards apart, so it’s not as pathetic as it appears at first glance, but it still feels like defeat & decay.
The scooter, a sexy 3-wheel 10” Celebrity X, is provided by the company, and I have been firmly encouraged to personalize it, since these are often stolen for joyrides. I printed out a poster of the Game of Thrones throne, hoping to attach it to the back seat & perhaps add a Targaryen sigil to the front and rear basket, but I have not found a picture that is hi-def enough to withstand being blown up to 30” width.
Having never been in to customized cars or bikes and being unfamiliar with resources available to decorate bikes and cars and floats, I’m a little bit at a loss for ideas. So I come to you, Dopers – help me Pimp My Scooter!

Hm, I always think of the scooter in Quadrophenia when anybody wants to pimp a scooter, though a mobility scooter … hmmmmm.

One could go silly and put googly eyes and a face on the basket, and a raccoon or foxtail on a visibility flag.

If you want to go nomadic, you could make the visibility flag a mongolian standard.
I think Tandy Leather still sells horsetail, and any decent import place should be able to source the little brass cast bells.

Cowboy - add a set ofhorns to the front like that notorious cadillac. Added benefit, nobody would cut in front of you in line :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha! Robbie Williams did decorate a mobility scooter like Quadrophenia! :slight_smile:

His buddy Dizzee Rascal did some decorating too. I think the chains around the front part are do-able for you.

I think a nice plastic skull would be cool on the front.

What do you think about this ebay item…a Iron Throne decal that goes on the wall behind your toilet. Could it work on the back of your seat?

aruvqan, I flove the Mongolian standard! That’s a real possibility, especially since I could modify the design to use feathers for a topper. The rules are that the visibility flag has to be seen over a cubical wall, and feathers would eliminate the pain in the ass that occurs going under doorways and through the elevator.
ZipperJJ, the skull really gets me thinking. If I were to combine the Mongolian Standard-ish motif with GOT mode, I could make my own sigil in the spirit of exotic + fantasy. Mr. singular and I are both artists, and we have wolf, bear, deer and badger skulls that we were gifted after spending a fascinating afternoon in a taxidermist’s shop in rural Alaska, as well as other fantastic items we used as props. As much as I like Game of Thrones, I’d prefer to have my own designs, and you’ve both set me down the path I was seeking. Thank you both so much for your suggestions - they’re inspiring!

It depends on your sense of humor, but I would fly the sigil of Mormont. Their motto is “Here We Stand.” :wink: Oh, and Jorah is way cooler than Daenerys.

Flames improve the appearance of anything.

No, it’s not mine.

Looks like Alton Brown’s

It needs a sound system. Does the term ghetto blaster mean anything to you?

Chrome, metalflake and iron crosses. Make that bad boy a chopper!

Guess you can’t extend the fork. Bummer.

One word: Davros. :smiley:

Mad Max it out…roll cage…pintle with a rotary rubber band machine gun. Ghetto blaster with Ride of the valykries.
And a safety orange flag.

Check out this other thread and pump those sounds through the GB.

I think someone said they might be on your SmartPhone. Die Valkure is primo, too.

Don’t forget the reflectorized triangle on the back.
This was a good laugh: For a while your heading was underneath “You are the only one alive on earth. What do you do?” “Pimp My Scooter.” :smiley: