Pippi Longstocking fad ???

What’s the deal with the Pippi Longstocking I’ve been seeing on teenage girls all of the sudden? Isolated cases or is this the new fad? My god are they horrible.

Long stripey socks, stockings and tights have been a fashion trend some like for some time. As for the rainbow colors, maybe they are meant to make a pride statement? :confused:

Just another example of a previous fad coming back to haunt men everywhere… Legwarmers… <shudder>

But are your arms warm enough?

Personally, I have no problem whatsoever with stripey tights etc.

They give one a good excuse to look at a girl’s legs. I think they’re pretty hot.

Ah, I thought for a moment that the OP was referring to girls wearing their hair in long pigtails that stood out, parallel to the ground, in both directions.

I think the colorblind stockings are subtle and stylish in comparison.

My daughter (14) has discovered legwarmers. She now has several pairs, one which looks just like the link.

Her friends have them as well. So it could be a fad.

This summer they suddenly popped up on the hippie camping circuit as well. They’re brilliant for wearing in locations where it’s hot during the day and gets colder at night, 'cause they can just be pulled on under a skirt. And unlike tights or leggings, they…uh…present few complications when peeing in a field. (God, did I just say that out loud?)

It’s been a fad with the young folks* for a while now. In general I like it.

*I suppose I’m a young folk too. Though I think the fad was probably started by people my age, it seems like it has caught on more with teens and early 20-somethings.

I am hopelessly addicted to the damn things. They are even better when they have toes. I need some with animal prints. Louder is better, so is mismatched. I know it is wrong, but I can’t stop. I cruise the internet looking for new patterns. My guess is the girls are fellow thralls enslaved to their baser instincts.