Pitting Bobot

I’d add something pity, but really, this speaks for itself.

I don’t care if gdave leaves, either. I just had the good grace not to say it in ATMB. I’m pretty indifferent if people flounce with a big announcement. Bye, bye, stay or leave, it’s all the same to me. If I leave here, I promise not to flounce, nor would I believe my absence would be felt too keenly. It’s just a message board.

Have you ever flounced? You might like it! (Not suggesting you leave, just flounce.)

Yeah, that was harsh. I didn’t mean it like “everybody hates you”, I meant it like “it’s an anonymous board, people come and go, and nobody really loses sleep over it”. I think that whole thing should have stayed private.
If you pm me, I don’t talk about it elsewhere. I think pm’s are like little paper notes that you have to swallow after you read them. That op took private stuff public and named good guys and bad guys, and I thought that was uncool.

And now you’ve completely ruined this pitting too! Have you no shame!

Yeah, the proper response is, “Fuck you, you don’t know me!” And other daytime talk show cliches.

This thread is disappointing and I feel no recreational rage against @bobot at all.

I’ll pit bobot because your username should be capitalized, and I never know if I should pronounce it bo-bot (like robot) or bob-ot, and I read it both ways when means reading your posts takes twice as much time.

I say it bo bit (like the old times robot pronunciation). And I agree, all usernames should begin with an uppercase letter.

That would make sense with normal PMs, but the whole idea of ATMB is to post about things you were unable to resolve with the mods in private.

Also, there are things that would cross the line even in regular PMs. I don’t really see why someone who, say, engaged in abuse, should get the luxury of me trying to help them cover it up. Plus, by the rules here, I’m not allowed to insult you via PM. The rules for PMs is that of the non-Pit forums, in an attempt to avoid someone being abusive in private.

I’ve kept some PMs private where I believe the posters were jerks. But I don’t see an obligation to do so. If you want me to keep something between us, the bare minimum you can do is to remain civil.

And even being civil isn’t enough for something not to wind up in ATMB if it’s about mods acting in their moderator capacity. Authorities can discuss in secret, but should not be able to act in secret.

The main issue I have with the ATMB thread (last I checked): is just that the OP wouldn’t tell us what happened. If you’re going to argue a mod should step down or be removed, you have to tell us why. Otherwise it’s more rant than attempt at fixing the problem.

Also, I don’t think posting flouncing posts while you are still angry is a good idea. You often change your mind as you calm down. I myself feel like I won’t let any one person (or even a small number of people) keep me away from a place I like. So, if I get that angry that I’m considering flouncing, I step away.

As it is, my respect for you has increased as a result of your willingness to call me out.
And my user name, I can’t tell anyone how to pronounce it, because who says I’ve got it right? But I know that it isn’t capitalized so that I can type it without hitting an extra key. (Probably like kayaker did!)

Except mine. Because it’s a common noun, not a proper noun. It is not a specific thing, but rather, the generic description of the young offspring of the species canis lupus.

If I haven’t sufficiently pummeled this pitiful pitting, pushing it off its rails, I can perforce return with more pathetic parenthetical ponderings.

I’m coming for you next.

Jebus, the problem is bigger than I thought. Good thing I’m making up for you all with extra capitals.

How often do you have to type your own username? Are you some kind of egomaniac?

I just typed it again to log in to respond to your post. But I saved another extra button push. Those are really starting to add up.

Do you mean:

I’ll add something pity.
I’ll add something pitty
I’ll add something pithy

??

And mine. If you don’t like it I’m leaving–even if bobot doesn’t care.

And that leading capital letter … really shouldn’t be the only capital letter.

What are these “capital letters” of which you speak ?

Yeah, I mean, in theory, that’s (what bobot and you said) kind of how I feel, too. I’m sure there are some people who care, but I generally view it as “it’s a message board, nobody gives a shit. If you don’t like it here, leave. No need to announce it.” And I also mean that in a mental healthful sort of way. If this message board is getting to you, stop coming here for the love of God and yourself. But my perspective is not shared by everyone. If I ever leave, I’ll just slink away. I don’t expect anyone to care, and I don’t think anyone should care. Anyone can find me off board if they want to. But, I suppose, everyone’s got a different view on this.

Ahem. How many on this Board have noticed that user names are case-insensitive? You can have any combination of upper-case and lower-case letters in your user name, and when you log in, you can type it with any combination of upper-case and lower-case letters.

For example, I just logged in as seNeGOid and it works just fine.